Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Help Me Pick a title!
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rooted a revolution for a friend using RootzWiki! Thanks ya'll easy as cake. I haven't looked into the phone much since its not mine but I gather theres no custom recovery yet? or am I
. Didn't seem to be any dev support either. Luckily he just wanted to root to debloat a little and tether....However when I installed wired tether i got an Unsupported Kernel error.. I'll make him read up , and try some other tether apk, but is he sol until there are kernel choices? Are there kernel choices and ima dumazz? ok going camping kisses

·
Call Me Bert
188 Posts
With gb4dx, tethering was blocked by the kernel I believe, which is convenient for vzw because we can't change our kernel, and then there was a workaround posted on droid-life:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/07/tip-droidx-gingerbread-wireless-tether-work-around/

And seems to fix the problem. It supports devices other than the droid x/2, but who knows, out of the 19 device profiles, one of them might help the revo, even though it's not listed

via Tapatalk

·
Super Amazing Elite Recognized Developer
523 Posts
im in talks with lg support over this, hoping to get somewhere

iomonster has been working on it as well. ill have him post up what hes found so far here.

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
ive been holding off on getting the revo because of the recovery issue. i know that if they were able to get CWM or some other custom recovery, id get this beast in a heatbeat

·
Super Amazing Elite Recognized Developer
523 Posts
r2doesinc said:
ive been holding off on getting the revo because of the recovery issue. i know that if they were able to get CWM or some other custom recovery, id get this beast in a heatbeat
Your heartbeat just came
its almost done.

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
r2doesinc said:
U deving for the revolution?

·
Help Me Pick a title!
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well he ended up taking it back and getting a charge ill root. It later

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I am new, not stupid, and just went from the Droid to the LG Revolution. I want to de-Bing it and get some of the other Bloatware off. Can anyone give me a basic step-by-step for doing so? Just explain it like you're talking to your mom and I should do just fine. Don't assume that I know what ABD or ADB is, because I don't. :kiss:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts