Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Help Me Pick a title!
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rooted a revolution for a friend using RootzWiki! Thanks ya'll easy as cake. I haven't looked into the phone much since its not mine but I gather theres no custom recovery yet? or am I
. Didn't seem to be any dev support either. Luckily he just wanted to root to debloat a little and tether....However when I installed wired tether i got an Unsupported Kernel error.. I'll make him read up , and try some other tether apk, but is he sol until there are kernel choices? Are there kernel choices and ima dumazz? ok going camping kisses

·
Call Me Bert
188 Posts
With gb4dx, tethering was blocked by the kernel I believe, which is convenient for vzw because we can't change our kernel, and then there was a workaround posted on droid-life:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/07/tip-droidx-gingerbread-wireless-tether-work-around/

And seems to fix the problem. It supports devices other than the droid x/2, but who knows, out of the 19 device profiles, one of them might help the revo, even though it's not listed

via Tapatalk

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
ive been holding off on getting the revo because of the recovery issue. i know that if they were able to get CWM or some other custom recovery, id get this beast in a heatbeat

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I am new, not stupid, and just went from the Droid to the LG Revolution. I want to de-Bing it and get some of the other Bloatware off. Can anyone give me a basic step-by-step for doing so? Just explain it like you're talking to your mom and I should do just fine. Don't assume that I know what ABD or ADB is, because I don't. :kiss:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.