Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wait till more HTC Devices come out in the future, The want and need for S-OFF will increase dramatically. Usually when the Bootloader is cracked on one HTC phone multiple phones follow it as the exploit works on all of the phones. There was another HTC phone for Verizon announced today to be in the making. http://www.phonearena.com/phones/HTC-Fireball_id6765 HTC Fireball. This may be the Successor to the Thunderbolt, as our phone is the Successor to the Incredible series of phones. More phones and More choice = More Devs.

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
I agree and not only that, once the ics update drops, I'm sure there's going to be exploits out the tushy because its new. Not having s-off right now sucks, but it'll be worth the wait when it finally comes.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmmmm......Verizon was touting this as the successor for the thunderbolt. That's why we had to sell out of our thunderbolts before we could sell the rezound.

·
Developer
380 Posts
I agree and not only that, once the ics update drops, I'm sure there's going to be exploits out the tushy because its new. Not having s-off right now sucks, but it'll be worth the wait when it finally comes.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
ICS will have no effect on our current situation. OS has nothing to do with the bootloader at all. We can exploit Gingerbread to no end. There's at least 5 different ways to root this phone, but that does nothing in getting closer to S-Off.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
I went back to my Bolt and gave my wife the Rezound. She mainly uses her phone to listen to music and likes to be totally stock so for now the phone is a nice upgrade for her. I figure once we finally do get S-Off and perm root I can look to swap out at that time. I love the 'Zound but with what the dev community has done with the Bolt over all this time it made the decision for me pretty easy. Though I will say the Rezound as is runs pretty darn smooth.

·
Android FTW
218 Posts
I went back to my Bolt and gave my wife the Rezound. She mainly uses her phone to listen to music and likes to be totally stock so for now the phone is a nice upgrade for her. I figure once we finally do get S-Off and perm root I can look to swap out at that time. I love the 'Zound but with what the dev community has done with the Bolt over all this time it made the decision for me pretty easy. Though I will say the Rezound as is runs pretty darn smooth.
I'm almost doing the exact same thing, I bought a like-new Tbolt that will be here tomorrow, I'll use that for now and keep the Rezound locked up until the magic has been performed on it, then I'll hand the Tbolt off to my girlfriend and go back to the Rezound. However... if s-off or at least perm root isn't accomplished by the last day of Verizon's holiday return period, the Rezound might be heading back. I could use the money for other hobbies... all $649 of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts