Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Chief Molesting Officer
308 Posts
"Lurch81 said:
Justice is cm4dx with liberty overclocking that's it waste of time no need to flash this rom if already on cm7

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums
I'm not sure I follow... you're saying justice is very similar to cm4dx with the difference that it can be overclocked similar to liberty?

Are you saying you don't think overclocking is necessary? Is that why you think it's a waste of time to flash justice?

·
Chief Molesting Officer
308 Posts
"Vocali05 said:
Seriously with quadrant scores in the 2500s I see absolutely no need to overclock just a waste of good battery...these 2nd init Roms run perfectly without overclocking, but ill probably still check out justice to support a dev who made my phone sweet way before 2nd unit was thought of
That must have been what lurch was saying then. Thanks for helping to clarify.

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
"chiaroscuro said:
That's awesome - the torch in the power widget works after I used the camera/camcorder/torch fix - thanks :)
there are several fixes out there could you link to this fix...ty

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
"newaveride said:
Can someone post a link for the GPS fix. I can only find the all in one fix for cm7. Also is anyone else having issues with the liberty toolbox. It only takes me to the justice settings
Toolbox only takes me to settings as well. Tried reinstall but no difference.

·
Supporting Member
44 Posts
i dont think the toolbox will work on this rom, due to the use of 2nd int. the toolbox is used for 596 roms, so thats my thoughts anyways.

·
Android Addict
756 Posts
"kwest12 said:
I'm not sure I follow... you're saying justice is very similar to cm4dx with the difference that it can be overclocked similar to liberty?

Are you saying you don't think overclocking is necessary? Is that why you think it's a waste of time to flash justice?
No I think its a waste of time because it isn't similar to cm it is cm with liberty overclocking added that's only difference I saw and while I think jrummy is am awesome developer I think justice isn't a new rom its a ripoff or cm

And overclocking is pointless with speed and smoothness that you have stock

·
Android Addict
546 Posts
I haven't seen a dev charge for a release yet. Jrummy isn't charging for a release. This Justice rom hasn't been officially released yet anyway. It's a nightly that is in his donate app, if you don't want to pay for the the app, then don't.

I don't mean to come across mean.

·
Supporting Member
44 Posts
alright, well I just gave Justice a run for an hr or so, and most things worked for me. Has a few bugs, but the main things are there. I know Rummy will fix things pretty quickly as he always does. Thats a great thing going for this rom, he usually supports the hell out of his roms, and I hope that he continues with Justice. could be his best work yet, it is definitely the fastest rom yet. With that said, I will be going back to Cm7 for the time being anyway, but will definitely be making my way back soon.

G

·
Lurch81 said:
No I think its a waste of time because it isn't similar to cm it is cm with liberty overclocking added that's only difference I saw and while I think jrummy is am awesome developer I think justice isn't a new rom its a ripoff or cm

And overclocking is pointless with speed and smoothness that you have stock

To be fair, this isn't an official release like anrichardson said. It's simply a nightly in his donate app and v0.1. This is a very early image of what Justice will be, which is why additional features haven't made it into the release yet. It's not a ripoff of CM since it will be a ROM based on CM. Unlike SSX and Liquid, this is simply just an early snapshot of things to come for people that have paid for the donate version of the Liberty Toolbox. Rummy is an amazing developer, and I'm sure this ROM will be nothing but phenomenal once it's finished. With that said, I'm going to sit back and continue running AOSP Liberty for the time being. The speed is lightning fast for everything I need it to do, and the battery life is mind blowing (30-32 hours on average). I'll try Justice out soon enough, but I don't really like jumping on a ROM early in its development cycle. Heck, I didn't jump on the CM bandwagon until around nightly 10 or so.

·
Android Addict
756 Posts
"swiftmazda said:
To be fair, this isn't an official release like anrichardson said. It's simply a nightly in his donate app and v0.1. This is a very early image of what Justice will be, which is why additional features haven't made it into the release yet. It's not a ripoff of CM since it will be a ROM based on CM. Unlike SSX and Liquid, this is simply just an early snapshot of things to come for people that have paid for the donate version of the Liberty Toolbox. Rummy is an amazing developer, and I'm sure this ROM will be nothing but phenomenal once it's finished. With that said, I'm going to sit back and continue running AOSP Liberty for the time being. The speed is lightning fast for everything I need it to do, and the battery life is mind blowing (30-32 hours on average). I'll try Justice out soon enough, but I don't really like jumping on a ROM early in its development cycle. Heck, I didn't jump on the CM bandwagon until around nightly 10 or so.
I'm taking nothing away from jrummy he's amazing and done so much for Droid x community just saying my first impression of justice is merely cm with liberty overclocking ...that's my opinion you don't have to like it or agree and I'm sure it will be totally different by the time its actually released and who knows might be my daily rom but this thread is for first impressions of justice .1 sorry if I offended anyone meant no disrespect towards jrummy

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
thx for all the info guys. i think ill give it a try. but i doubt ima stay on it for now until everythings mainly fixed. The only thing about cm7 that bothers me right now is my battery life. so thats all i would care to flash a different rom for.

G

·
Lurch81 said:
I'm taking nothing away from jrummy he's amazing and done so much for Droid x community just saying my first impression of justice is merely cm with liberty overclocking ...that's my opinion you don't have to like it or agree and I'm sure it will be totally different by the time its actually released and who knows might be my daily rom but this thread is for first impressions of justice .1 sorry if I offended anyone meant no disrespect towards jrummy

Naw, you didn't offend me in the slightest. :) I'll agree with you that it doesn't seem much different than CM7 at first glance, especially this early on. I can't wait to see what it will become as things progress though.

MoodMuzik said:
^ Just flash Liquid and save yourself the $5
The ROM doesn't cost $5. The $5 is for the donate version of the Liberty toolbox. One of the many features of the Liberty toolbox is the access to this ROM with the donate version. Since he has a free alternative to the toolbox on the market, the donate version is a way of saying thank you to the developer for all his hard work and getting a little something extra in return. It's not about saving $5 by not having to "buy" a ROM. It's about donating a little money and getting a perk as a way of a thank you.

·
Android Addict
756 Posts
"swiftmazda said:
Naw, you didn't offend me in the slightest. :) I'll agree with you that it doesn't seem much different than CM7 at first glance, especially this early on. I can't wait to see what it will become as things progress though.
Ditto judging by what he has done building Rome around blur I'm excited to see what he does with true aosp! It's exciting to see all this developer love back on droid x again

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
swiftmazda said:

The ROM doesn't cost $5. The $5 is for the donate version of the Liberty toolbox. One of the many features of the Liberty toolbox is the access to this ROM with the donate version. Since he has a free alternative to the toolbox on the market, the donate version is a way of saying thank you to the developer for all his hard work and getting a little something extra in return. It's not about saving $5 by not having to "buy" a ROM. It's about donating a little money and getting a perk as a way of a thank you.
either way i already paid the $5 cus jrummys the shit...hes a hard worker. And i i always wanna be able to try out the new liberty rom. and i love android overlock. id $5 on top of the money i spent on android overlock just to have it lol.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
"MoodMuzik said:
^ Just flash Liquid and save yourself the $5
I already paid, and would do it again. But to be fair I gave liquid a go. I was back on justice within two hours. Justice is faster, has many of the liberty features I have grown to love and even smells better than liquid.

·
Supporting Member
151 Posts
Libbydude said:
Toolbox only takes me to settings as well. Tried reinstall but no difference.
A fix for the Toolbox/Justice settings issue - from jrummy16's twitter - "Try deleting /data/data/com.android.settings/.start_activity"

21 - 40 of 53 Posts