Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having problems with the Droid 3 dropping its 3G coverage? It happens randomly, mostly when I have turned the phone off and then I power it back on.

I have tried the *228 to update roaming, toggling Airplane mode normally fixes the issue, but its odd that it randomly drops the 3G connection...

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
If you mean it drops for a few seconds then comes back, yeah I get that occasionally. Even after flashing the update it still does it.

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
ballisticn8 said:
Anyone else having problems with the Droid 3 dropping its 3G coverage? It happens randomly, mostly when I have turned the phone off and then I power it back on.

I have tried the *228 to update roaming, toggling Airplane mode normally fixes the issue, but its odd that it randomly drops the 3G connection...
yes i noticed this problem as well i did a factory reset and it was fine for a while but i'm starting to see it again i usually have to turn airplane mode on and off for it to come back

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Go to Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Mode and set it to CDMA Mode.

This should help some at least for the Verizon US folks.

I went to Verizon, reluctantly, with the same issue only to have one of their "Tech savvy" guys tell me he wasn't sure why it does that but 5 others have come to him with the same issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts