Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
G33kY
598 Posts
Seems pretty hard to find a stable version (with OC), so much options

EDIT: I finally found at least the bottom of what of the OC version works. God damn this is snappy (rom: AOKP b17). Now have to test even the higher OC versions to find the last version that works.

@Ezekeel

Are you planning to include the new FIOPS thingy?

·
G33kY
598 Posts
love this kernel, gives a level of smoothness not offered by others. one major issue i do have with the most recent version, using the G120+I125 or G120+I120, once flashed the initial boot is great. I usually reboot the phone at this point. Reboot is fine however at this point the major issue is when the screen is off. Once off, it is impossible to wake (via power button). The only way to irk a response from the phone is with a battery pull. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem? I just cleared cache and dalvik prior to flashing. On AOKP milestone 2.
Just use a lower version. It means your phone cant handle the ic on those levels.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
G33kY
598 Posts
Took your advice and tried lower OCs. Found that the sweet spot for my device is G115+I125. Thanks a lot, kernel is amazing where others slug by. All standard apps, gapps, slide by like butter. Any lag experienced most likely due to third party apps and ics compatability. Excellent.
Same kernel version is fine for me. Can't go any higher, or even lower values didn't even boot, which is kinda strange

·
G33kY
598 Posts
I have a brand-new kernel for your testing pleasure.

It implements my latest creation, the Wheatley CPUfreq governor which has the potential to give a significant better battery life during demanding tasks like games or video playback.

Download (-G100-I100 flavor): http://www.multiupload.com/OXF3DN3958
Nice, i'll test this right away.

Is there any "technical specs" for the nyt governor?

·
G33kY
598 Posts
I just listened to some music for about an hour and according to CPUspy the phone seemed to spend more time at 1200mhz rather than 350mhz, didn't use the phone otherwise. It's a 320kbps mp3 so not sure if higher bitrate makes it worse. Phone was connected to wifi, lost about 3% in that hour. Will test more - I should add that when I tested video playback and gaming the phone was not connected to wifi, not sure if that affects anything.
I have been running the test kernel for 10hours now. Been using the device somewhat much. Ive got screentime 1.5h. My battery is now on 67%.

So i'll guess that it's pretty good...

·
G33kY
598 Posts
Not that strange. Your phone was running itself ragged with frequent wakelocks when the display was off. You need to install BetterBatteryStats and find out what's holding wakelock when your phone should be in deep sleep. It's pretty spectacular that you'd still get more than a day out of your phone with crap like that.
BetterBatteryStats don't list anything specific on wakelocks :|

·
G33kY
598 Posts
Hello guys I'm trying this new kernel, and I must say that it is very powerful, but with the cpu clock SetCPU hilum is fixed always at 700Mhz or even 1200MHz ... even when I turn off the screen, it is normal or is it a bug? will be resolved? thanks
It is totally normal.

·
G33kY
598 Posts
hmm is there a specific way to flash this kernel? I wiped cache and dalvik cache, then flashed the kernel zip and rebooted. The phone never passed the boot (Google) logo.
I also tried to reflash the rom (AOKP) before flashing the kernel again, same issue.
My previous installed kernel is franco, if that means anything.
And what version did you flash.

·
G33kY
598 Posts
i was running 110/110 without any issues. then i tried 115/110 and got a bootloop, then i flashed back 110/110 and still got a bootloop. so the init script still has an effect even if im using a kernel only supports 10% oc?

in the end, i had to flash Franco's kernel first, change the init script back to 110, and then flash back the 110/110 kernel.
Go to recovery and use adb shell to remove the init script?

·
G33kY
598 Posts
I think this has been asked before, but couldn't find a answer for this.

Is there a reason, why the kernel keeps the cpu frequency at maximum level while f.ex streaming music from google play music?

Wouldn't his affect battery life pretty much if the device is running on maximum freq (what is setted in the app) all the time if youre streaming music?

·
G33kY
598 Posts
wheatley doesn't seem to have issue playing music (it sets to 350 mhz with screen off, according to CPUSpy, and can get as low as 5%/hour. Maybe this is because I use bluetooth headset), so I'm guessing it is either due to the streaming or the streaming app.
Streaming wit other kernels don't have this "problem"

·
G33kY
598 Posts
Music playback with a wired headset is around 2-3% per hour. So the issue is not Wheatley and the battery consumption of the CPU, but the drain must be mainly due to the web download. I have not received any reports about an increased battery drain during web access, but if you are having trouble this might be a direction worth investigating.
Thanks for answering. I'll have to test this more. I just noticed it when streaming music the cpu runs at full speed all the time, which concerns me

1 - 20 of 24 Posts