Android OS Forum banner
1581 - 1600 of 1640 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is the color tweak just adding contrast settings to what we can already adjust with the GLaDOS app , or is there more to it ? I looked at the link and saw something about contrast , but I don't speak linux .
yes its contrast tweaks, Its almost like gamma control, but more better result on the color from my view. We cant adjust this tweaks yet on Glados app. if u want to try u could flash kernel like franco or trinity or etc, they have implemented this contrast tweak n there's also has setting to adjust it in franco or trinity app.
I dont speak linux either, just an user here :D and from my experience of trying many kernel back of d day of nexus s, glados is my favorite. stable, not heating, lots of module that i dont really understand but make me completed haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I've been experiencing some audio issues with this kernel (Version 2.1) on my Galaxy Nexus. I am running the stock Jelly Bean ROM - Android 4.1.1, build JRO03C.
I use the GLaDos Control app to set audio to high performance and boost volume to +2. The problem is that once I plug in my wired handsfree, the volume in-call becomes really low (on my normal headphones for music it's OK). I found one solution, to access the Control app, lower the volume to 0 and press OK the get it back up to +2 and as soon as I press OK the volume in my handsfree comes back to normal. Please try to fix this issue. It's ruining what seems to be a perfect kernel.

Also, I've been experiencing random stutters with PowerAmp, thing I haven't experienced with the stock kernel. It would be something to look into. Thank You. Will provide additional details if needed.

·
Experienced Android User
30 Posts
hi,

using betterbatterystats, i see that there are wakelocks for 'nfc' about three minutes. problem is that i got nfc completely disabled :D so i checked it, and it's being said that this may be addressed by changing kernel values (by the dev).

any ideas here?

regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
I flashed GLaDOS 2.1 on my Android Revolution HD rom and installed the GLaDOS app. By default the governor is set to "Interactive". On my other installs, it was always set to "Wheatley" by default. Can't get it to set to "Wheatley" by default(set on boot). It always resets to "interactive" following a reboot. My previous kernel was STOCK.

I tried :

-reflashing the kernel.
-resetting the app with the zip files provided in this thread (Reset_GLaDOS.Control.app.zip and Preparation.for.Installing.Kernels.zip) AND reflashing
-reinstalled the app

****UPDATE****

Here's how I fixed it.

Flashed franco kernel
Re-flashed GLaDOS
Fixed

Don't ask me why it worked.

·
Experienced Android User
30 Posts
R u serious? Is there something wrong with the current kernel? So because u can't crack flash a different kernel everyday ...... wow
you misunderstand me. people are coming here, asking questions and not getting answers. people are complaining about bugs in eXperience thread, and not getting any reaction. that's what I'm talking about. i don't need to flash something every day, using same ROM since months

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm trying this kernel. And I don't know why my mpu is always in the max MHz on governor Wheatley
Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus usando Tapatalk 2

·
Android Beginner
110 Posts
Quick question, as I'm not sure I'm quite understanding the OP. Does the Glados Control app automatically lower the voltages on this kernel, or can we or better yet should we still play with the voltages for better battery life? I'm still only getting about 6 to maybe 8 hours of life on my phone. I'm not complaining just trying to make sure I get the best setup and battery life out of my phone. BTW thanks much to the excellent dev for making this kernel, and making my first week on the Galaxy Nexus very flash happy!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Quick question, as I'm not sure I'm quite understanding the OP. Does the Glados Control app automatically lower the voltages on this kernel, or can we or better yet should we still play with the voltages for better battery life?
GLaDOS control app doesn't lower the voltages automatically, It gives you a nice UI to do it with though :)
If you do lower the voltages, remember to turn off Smart Reflex.

·
Android Beginner
110 Posts
That's how Wheatley works, have a read on the following link if you want to know more about the governor
http://www.alliance-rom.com/community/wiki/governors-explained/

GLaDOS control app doesn't lower the voltages automatically, It gives you a nice UI to do it with though :)
If you do lower the voltages, remember to turn off Smart Reflex.
ok thank you, for some reason I'm only getting three hours of battery life. I will check back in a little later after I have messed it a bit!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2 Posts
you can add all the configuration parameters for the interactive governor in te glados app control? Only 3 out of 8 are editable.
I also ask if anyone can write the parameters to default for interactive 4.1.1:
hispeed_freq
go_hispeed_load
above_hispeed_delay
min_sample_time
timer_rate
input_boost
boost
boostpulse

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello ezekeel !

I would like to know if you succeed to make an audio DAC work with your kernel ?

I did following steps :

[background=rgb(245, 245, 255)]insmod /system/modules/snd-hwdep.ko[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 255)]insmod /system/modules/snd-rawmidi.ko[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 255)]insmod /system/modules/snd-usbmidi-lib.ko[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 255)]insmod /system/modules/snd-usb-audio.ko[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 255)]swith to USB out :[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 255)]setprop media.audio.out.mode usb[/background]

But sound is still out from speakers and not routed to the DAC.

Do you have an idea to make it work ?

Thanks !

PS : I read on the VZW topic aboout your accident... I hope you recover soon !

1581 - 1600 of 1640 Posts