Android OS Forum banner
2581 - 2600 of 2603 Posts

·
Kernel Hacker
2,456 Posts
No, but I did it as a test. I installed rom, gapps, then kernel, reboot. Gets stuck at google screen. Same process repeated, this time, installed the patch then kernel, same result
What patch? If you want to run a proper 4.2.2 kernel you should have the updated proprietary files anyway and the only way it will not boot is if you don't have the updated files.

·
Android Enthusiast
233 Posts
What patch? If you want to run a proper 4.2.2 kernel you should have the updated proprietary files anyway and the only way it will not boot is if you don't have the updated files.
I've already patched the files. Other 4.2.2 kernels are working...

Let me rephrase, I have two different patches, both replace the vid drivers as was originally determined as a fix. Have since used Ak's pirates series kernels, hence my confusion and what not

·
Kernel Hacker
2,456 Posts
I've already patched the files. Other 4.2.2 kernels are working...

Let me rephrase, I have two different patches, both replace the vid drivers as was originally determined as a fix. Have since used Ak's pirates series kernels, hence my confusion and what not
What video drivers are replaced? I still think ideally you can check with your ROM dev to ensure they update the binaries. The commit for the 4.2.2 kernel has a change to the pvr proprietary libs. If those aren't changed, you will still face the boot issue.

·
Android Enthusiast
233 Posts
What video drivers are replaced? I still think ideally you can check with your ROM dev to ensure they update the binaries. The commit for the 4.2.2 kernel has a change to the pvr proprietary libs. If those aren't changed, you will still face the boot issue.
well, i remember seeing a patch for the maguro that i had to change the first two lines of the updater script for it to work.. Honestly cant remember who posted it, hell, it may have been you tiny!(sorry, bad memory and now cant remember where i found it). However, how would that explain the ability to use ak's pirates kernel series (which is 4.2.2)?

Also, for a little back ground, I'm currently using dho's B39 commotio which has the updated binaries.

Also tried primedirectives atom v7, which also has updated binaries, nothing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!
I tried to connect my usb DAC (fiio e7) with gNex (JB 4.2.2 deodexed with glados v2.2) but it didn't work. Does v2.2 have the module for USB audio (like v.1.29)? If, it does, does it need some configuration to do this?

Thanks.

Bye!

·
Android Beginner
430 Posts
Hi!
I tried to connect my usb DAC (fiio e7) with gNex (JB 4.2.2 deodexed with glados v2.2) but it didn't work. Does v2.2 have the module for USB audio (like v.1.29)? If, it does, does it need some configuration to do this?

Thanks.

Bye!
Did you have it working in 1.29? Last I heard the module was there but it needs to not only be activated to use but the ROM is also missing some stuff that needs to be added to make it work.

·
Kernel Hacker
2,456 Posts
Ezekeel. Love your kernel work. I am curious about the RoW. What is the aim of the scheduler? Is it more focused on battery life or performance. Just started playing with schedulers.

Thanks
I/O schedulers are way of prioritizing I/O. They won't make a noticeable impact on battery life but do affect perceived smoothness a bit.

2581 - 2600 of 2603 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.