Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 2,603 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
I have released GLaDOS-V0.2 beta.

The bootanimation was causing trouble and has been removed. If you are still having the Aperture bootanimation on your device I highly recommend restoring it to the one that came with your ROM (/system/media/bootanimation.zip).

Since CPUs build into the GN seem to have quite different OC capabilities I have released three different flavors with different static OC of the GPU/bus/RAM and IVA frequencies.

Tried to boot every version and I couldn't get past the Google splash screen
What ROM are you using? The kernel only works for 4.0.3 ROMs.

Also try formatting /boot and /cache in CWM before flashing the kernel.

Tried on axiom and roots boat but I will give your kernel another shot after wiping both partitions
Oh. I just realized formatting /boot is not a great idea. If you already did that you need to reflash the kernel that came with your ROM. Sorry. On the other hand that might also be a good idea since you might have a custom ramdisk from another custom kernel installed which does not work with my kernel. You know what, try reflashing the kernel that came with your ROM and then install GLaDOS.

can you please explain the Color Control: for me please

Im having trouble understanding : /sys/class/misc/colorcontrol/v1_offsets

where do we place the new values???

EDIT*** figured it out

are the max values 256??? both ways or 100??

adb shell
su
echo "0 0 0" >/sys/class/misc/colorcontrol/v1_offsets

okay im having a hard time with color control too....all this kernel stuff is somewhat overwhelming coming from a droid x.

can i use root explorer and mount sys as rw and then type echo commands in terminal emulator or what?

if anybody could give a nice little tutorial for a noob at this stuff i would HIGHly appreciate it.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
okay im having a hard time with color control too....all this kernel stuff is somewhat overwhelming coming from a droid x.

can i use root explorer and mount sys as rw and then type echo commands in terminal emulator or what?

if anybody could give a nice little tutorial for a noob at this stuff i would HIGHly appreciate it.
You do not need to mount anything. Just open terminal or adb shell, change to root with 'su' and echo the values as described above.

Open terminal and type

echo "0 0 0" >/sys/class/misc/colorcontrol/v1_offsets

Good values for me are -4 0 5

Ezekeel when you added colorcontrol to /sys/class/misc/ is there something else done to the kernel to activate it or is it just having the v1_offset enough to allow changes?

I hope thats clear to understand how I put that

I am curious becouse project voodoo uses:

Code:
<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Scanning /sys/class/misc/voodoo_color/<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Found: version<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Found: blue_v1_offset<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Found: green_v1_offset<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Found: red_v1_offset<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Found: blue_multiplier_original<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Found: blue_multiplier<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Found: green_multiplier_original<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Found: green_multiplier<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Found: red_multiplier_original<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Found: red_multiplier<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Found: panel_config_sequence<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Found: apply_custom_brightness_gammas<br />
VoodooApp(  643): Found: gamma_table<br />
and wasn't sure if these need other mods to work

SO PUMPED TO SEE THIS HERE! Your kernels were the only thing I ran on my Nexus S. I can't wait to see what kind of magic you'll be working with my Nexus.

Welcome aboard! Also any chance you could have two links up, one for no animation and one with? I love your Aperture Science boot.

21 - 40 of 2,603 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.