Stock Kernel from Source

Changelog

Version 1
3.0.8 Based
Overclocked GPU
Undervolted CPU
Download
MD5 1d8357fa17ed19059a75d52a6c98daa5 GnexKernel-1220.zip

Flash with ClockWorkMod.. be sure to make a backup and clear dalvik...

Im open for suggestions as to what you guys want.. Im not big into too much overclocking and such as I think this phone with 1.2ghz is just fine..

My Github

·
Android Apprentice
85 Posts
Running smooth so far. Nice and snappy, no lags. To early to tell on battery life.
Rootz Boat V4 rom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
1,171 Posts
+1 (I'm not flashing this, at least not yet, I'm happy with the phone as it is with just a custom ROM, but I hate seeing dev's going unappreciated
)

·
Android Apprentice
183 Posts
I've been trying all the kernels tonight. So far my phone lags on any 1.4 OC kernel.

I'm staying with this kernel for now. Booted and optimized quickly. Runs buttery smooth.

·
Android Enthusiast
81 Posts
I bricked my phone my flashing this. I was able to get VZ to replace it for me though since I was still in the grace period.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I bricked my phone my flashing this. I was able to get VZ to replace it for me though since I was still in the grace period.
This is a ridiculous comment. In no way shape or form will a kernel kill your phone. We have CWM for a reason

·
Registered
104 Posts
"brick" is a relative term.

Fix to almost all "bricks":

pull battery --> key combo --> fastboot --> recovery to cwm --> wipe --> install a known working rom --> reboot

·
Android Enthusiast
81 Posts
"brick" is a relative term.

Fix to almost all "bricks":

pull battery --> key combo --> fastboot --> recovery to cwm --> wipe --> install a known working rom --> reboot
Couldn't enter fastboot. It's irrelevant now though since the phone was replaced.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Couldn't enter fastboot. It's irrelevant now though since the phone was replaced.
Either you were doing it wrong, or your phone was defective. My girlfriend's Infuse 4G is brand new and appears to be missing fastboot and recovery partitions. Seems as if Samsung isn't looking at this carefully

·
487 Posts
I laughed at this comment

·
android fan
377 Posts
this kernel still going well for you guys? i am thinking of returning to stock o/c , u/v sounds right up my ally. be awesome to get a bit of recent feedback

·
Android Enthusiast
81 Posts
Ok, so after getting more knowledgeable on flashing kernels, I realized that my mistake was flashing this over stock 4.0.2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts