Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Source:: https://bitbucket.org/gideonx/
With morfic's blessing, here's the continuation of the Trinity kernel in another form for AOSP Jellybean 4.3/4.4.

[background=#f5f5f5]This was originally developed for the Verizon SGS3, but some requests for a USC version were sent in. This is a blind build as I do not have a USC unit to test this one. However, it should work as it is identical to the d2vzw version.[/background] A lot of what I've done has been influenced by Trinity, so hopefully this lives up to expectations.

Some highlights:

- Based on CM source

- Built with latest Linaro GCC 4.8 with optis

- Ramdisk tweaked (init.d support, unsecure)

- OC up to 1.836Ghz

- Stock GPU (OC makes no difference)

- Undervolted

- User voltage control

- Trinity colors

- Defaults to tweaked ondemand governor and row scheduler.

-- Available for user

--- Governor

---- msm-dcvs, interactive, conservative, ondemand, performance, wheatley, badass, asswax, dancedance, smartmax

--- Scheduler

---- noop, deadline, row, cfq, sio, bfq, zen, sioplus, fiops

- USB Fast Charge (credit to imoseyon and chad)

- fsync control (credit Ezekeel)

- Removal of mpdecision, uses tweaked auto_hotplug driver (credit to thalamus)

- Removal of thermald

- fix_permissions added to zip

- CM wifi tether WPA/WPA2 secure support

- Faux sound mod support

- CDRom/USB emulation supportTo install (no need to wipe anything):

- Download .zip below and place on your internal or external sdcard
- Reboot into CWM or the recommended TWRP
- Flash .zip
- Reboot

Notes:

- If you do not default to ondemand/row, check your /system/etc/init.d/ for startup scripts or the /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh file to see if it's writing interactive/cfq to the scaling_governor and the scheduler.

I've pushed my build towards battery savings and it's been handling duties pretty well. Let me know how it works out for you. As with all things custom, please take all precautions (backups). Tested against CM, AOKP, BB7 and LiquidSmooth so far. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Feel free to use your preferred kernel app for adjustments.

3.0.y Source - https://bitbucket.org/gideonx/bms_jb
3.4.y Source - https://bitbucket.or...nx/bms-jb-3.4.y

***** PLEASE CHECK WHICH ROM YOU ARE RUNNING. 3.0.y based roms can't use 3.4.y kernels and vice versa. *****

Download latest 3.0.y Build d2usc - HERE
Download latest 3.4.y Build d2usc - HERE

Thanks to morfic and all the devs!

·
Registered
30 Posts
NICE! Thanks! Running it with Carbon 1.4 and will report back!

How often can we expect builds for d2usc? Is this where you will dump them first? Thanks again!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NICE! Thanks! Running it with Carbon 1.4 and will report back!

How often can we expect builds for d2usc? Is this where you will dump them first? Thanks again!
I'll post an update whenever I build and finish testing for VZW. The other versions come after that, which I'll post here.

·
Registered
218 Posts
So far, it's been chomping my battery pretty hard. I'm running the AssWax gov with row scheduler.

I realize it may take a couple more days/charge cycles to settle, but running on normal-to-low usage I've lost 50% battery in 6 hours, where I usually only lose 25-30% on any other kernel on a typical day like today.

I really love the governor choices that we don't get on any other 4.2 d2usc kernel! I hope it settles down soon!

Edit: To clarify, three of the six hours was spent on airplane mode and "asleep" (screen off).

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far, it's been chomping my battery pretty hard. I'm running the AssWax gov with row scheduler.

I realize it may take a couple more days/charge cycles to settle, but running on normal-to-low usage I've lost 50% battery in 6 hours, where I usually only lose 25-30% on any other kernel on a typical day like today.

I really love the governor choices that we don't get on any other 4.2 d2usc kernel! I hope it settles down soon!

Edit: To clarify, three of the six hours was spent on airplane mode and "asleep" (screen off).
I'd try a different gov, that doesn't sound right at all.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
19 Posts
How's battery so far?
I've used KTT47 kernel since it was available, and I am used to God tier battery, I'm really interested in using this kernel, and if performance and battery life are good, do you have any recommended settings?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How's battery so far?
I've used KTT47 kernel since it was available, and I am used to God tier battery, I'm really interested in using this kernel, and if performance and battery life are good, do you have any recommended settings?
Flash it and give it a shot. Give the stock settings a go

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just had 24hr battery life with almost 5hr screen time. Same usage as normal, and on ktweaker i was getting about 15hrs

Sent from my SCH-R530U

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm actually really liking it so far, can't wait to see how it does in the long run.
Just really curious, what makes this kernel different from others? It's nice to see a nice refresher other than lean and KT, but I can't help asking!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm actually really liking it so far, can't wait to see how it does in the long run.
Just really curious, what makes this kernel different from others? It's nice to see a nice refresher other than lean and KT, but I can't help asking!
Different? It's built by me

In all seriousness, it's built how I would expect it to run on my own handset. I'm barely a gamer, so the focus is entirely on getting thru a day with enough juice and then some.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just noticed the UV... Wow. I've never been this low and been this stable. I may push it a little father for kicks and giggles.

Sent from my SCH-R530U

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great battery life here so far.... would adding a 192mhz step make it even better?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts