Carbon Core is a new kernel I am working on for Carbon. It aims to be stable with thoroughly tested features that don't effect the experience, whilst being lag free. As with Carbon, Carbon Core is based off work done by _thalamus from Oxygen/Devnull.
Some points to remember:
- This isn't my full vision for the kernel, but it's getting there
- _thalamus is the reason this is here, both for the base and also for answering my (dumb) questions
- Only Voodoo sound is implemented! Colour was supported only on the SAMOLED models anyway, but it would cause some green screen issues which I wanted to avoid
- Stock frequencies and voltages, no OC or UV in this kernel
- There will never be BLN in this kernel, ever. I don't see the need for it, plus it causes some instability and battery drain.
- The Lazy governor has been set as default, however Ondemand has been tweaked so if you want slightly better performance try it instead.
- Deep Idle has been implemented. It runs without flaws on my phone, but you may have issues. Please tell me about them! Feedback can help to fix things!
Carbon Core supports both Nexus S and Nexus S 4G variants, however due to not having a NS4G with me, I can't test the 4G with it. The zip also uses Koush's AnyKernel, so flash over whatever ROM you want, it shouldn't need a specific version for it.
|Version||Download Link||MD5 Sum|
Version 1 [6 Nov 2011]
- Deep Idle with bugfixes up to #14 - Ezekeel
- Kernel warning cleanup
- Fixed issues with SetCPU and other control apps not showing available frequencies
- Updated Lazy governor
- Misc whitespace fixes in code
- _thalamus kernel details and features are here: http://forum.oxygen....pic.php?id=1057
Please take a look there when looking for features or (god forbid) bug reports.
- As a GPL requirement, all kernel sources are publicly available. You can find the source for Carbon Core here: https://github.com/j...igg/carbon-core
When the kernel is what I feel as ready, it will be moved to the CarbonCode github account.
- Credit to _thalamus for just about everything you see here, plus his help towards me in my endeavour to learn
- Voodoo Sound credit to Supercurio from Project Voodoo
- Lazy governor and Deep Idle by Ezekeel