Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Android Beginner
94 Posts
Any other settings tweaked? I had an SOD with ATOM beta within an hour of flashing V16.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
While I haven't had any SOD, my phone just froze with the screen on while trying to type my reply to you causing me to have to pull my battery and start typing again.

I reduce the GPU clock speed to 384. I raise the vibrate intensity to max. I have just raised the voltage of the 228 clock speed up by 25mV to 875mV to see if my phone won't freeze anymore. I'm not sure if my freeze was kernel related or ROM related since I'm on a 4.2.1 beta.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Android Osmotic
424 Posts
Running Shiny ROM, did clean install of Zen. Changed governor to interactive, Franco colors and dropped look ahead to 768 from default. Saved settings in Trickster and rebooted. Didn't make it through first charge before SOD.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using RootzWiki

·
Registered
9 Posts
While I haven't had any SOD, my phone just froze with the screen on while trying to type my reply to you causing me to have to pull my battery and start typing again.

I reduce the GPU clock speed to 384. I raise the vibrate intensity to max. I have just raised the voltage of the 228 clock speed up by 25mV to 875mV to see if my phone won't freeze anymore. I'm not sure if my freeze was kernel related or ROM related since I'm on a 4.2.1 beta.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
Thanks. I'll try bumping my lower step voltages. I think it might be Zenx since interactive works without any issues with ATOM. I am going to try Zenx with higher voltages.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

·
Android Apprentice
568 Posts
I just switched to performance gov and see how that goes. I haven't had one SOD yet. Yeaaaa happy dance happy dance

Sent from a Nuclear Powered /// ATOM \\\

·
Registered
36 Posts
Guys check to see what SR is calibrating your voltages to, lowering or raising voltages without actually disabling SR does nothing. For me SR is calculating frequencies very modestly and the lowest it will go is 840 with SR enabled. I have to disable SR completely just to lower 384 and 212. First kernel I've seen that does this. Ideally I would like to leave SR enabled so everything but the bottom two frequencies are handled by SR.
For now I checked what SR is calibrating each frequency at and using that as a base for turning SR off. I will lower voltages only after this proves to be stable. I do not want to throw in another variable for testing the stability of this kernel.

Anyway, after changing from ZenX to interactive I have had no issues with stability and things are running very well. I'll report back with any new findings.

Edit: also I noticed SR is calibrating my 1036, 1228, 1305 and 1420 steps all at 1200mV. Surprised that hadn't caused a freeze.

·
Android Apprentice
568 Posts
How do you check what SR is calibrating voltages at? Just use trickster and watch it?

·
Deadly_Hamsters
3,899 Posts
I just switched to performance gov and see how that goes. I haven't had one SOD yet. Yeaaaa happy dance happy dance

don't ever switch to the performance governor unless you are benchmarking. The performance governor locks your phone at the highest frequency which would cause massive battery drain.

Guys I recommend reading what each governor does before trying them. Heres a good read:

http://androidforums.com/xperia-mini-all-things-root/513426-android-cpu-governors-explained.html

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice to see an update to my favorite kernel. I've been getting some freezes with my regularly used undervolts, but I think it's the ROW I/O scheduler, not ZenX... If you OC with a 3rd party app, make sure you disable "set at boot" OC options in the android settings, if you have them. Everything's going well now with "cubic, SIO, ZenX" as usual on liquidJB 2.0rc9 and CM10.1... still need more testing though. BTW I use these freq/volt settings: 218/830, 384/875, 576/950, 729/950, 1036/1100, 1132/1150, 1228/1200, 1305/1250 which I've stress tested... it's no super-UV but use at caution since this is my GNex and it's had a year of burn-in.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This thing is running great for me on the Liquid 4.2 beta 1c. About 20 hours in with no screen of death, great battery life if the gauge is being accurate and performance is good too :)

All defaults for the kernel.

·
Androidian Finagler
443 Posts
How do you check what SR is calibrating voltages at? Just use trickster and watch it?

leave sr enabled, set min and max cpu speed the same for each freq step, watch it in trickster

·
Android Beginner
242 Posts
Great battery life running DC ROM but I've had my phone freeze up (needed a battery pull) twice since switching to Zen v16. Anyone else experience this?

·
Android Fanatic
71 Posts
Great battery life running DC ROM but I've had my phone freeze up (needed a battery pull) twice since switching to Zen v16. Anyone else experience this?

I am in the same boat..

·
Registered
36 Posts

On interactive, had a sod when I woke up the other day with phone plugged in and wifi on. Unable to get a log.
Love how everything feels on this kernel just needs stability in order for it to be a daily driver for me. Hopefully these issues get resolved in the next release. :)

·
Android Baws
183 Posts
It keeps on freezing and having to battery pull constantly about 2-4 times a day default settings

·
Android Beginner
138 Posts
I love this kernel. Every once in a great while, I will get a freeze while unlocking the phone. Compared to other kernels thats a pretty small issue. Amazing work. I use this on my merged commit builds and I recommend this kernel to everyone who uses my builds.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts