Android OS Forum banner
101 - 101 of 101 Posts

·
Requiem Dev
605 Posts
jjhiza, what is the ROM based on - CM, AOSP, AOKP? Are you working on a stock feel or lots of bells and whistles?
AOSP base with bare essentials to enhance the user experience. I find most mods redundant, since there are apps available for just about all of them... PIE = LMT, LED Controls = Lightflow, cLock = useless, now that lockscreen widgets are native, etc.

I'm trying to avoid using CM frameworks at all costs, and that will mean some sacrifices in the "bells and whistles" department, but I'm not about hand holding; I believe that rooting and modifying devices isn't for everyone, and users need to vest a little bit more time into really learning how things work. My philosophy is - build a stable AOSP base with some enhancements, and let the user decide what else they want to use. Having all of these options cooked into ROMs is detracting from the hard work that themers, and app developers are doing, IMO, and I'd like to do my best to push users to support those developers, instead of expecting their ROM dev to give them everything for free.

If you have a Toro and would like to get in on the private beta, just PM me your G+ name, and I'll add you to the group. :)

101 - 101 of 101 Posts