Carrier:: Unlocked GSM

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::

Introducing
ZenSERIES Kernel
*ZenX Walking Tall*
Fast, Smooth & Battery Friendly

Unified Kernel for Toro/Toroplus/Maguro

The All New OP's will be maintained by ADA's Kernel Dev bbedward.!!!

To better serve you;
This here as a placeholder for your device redirecting to the main kernel support thread.

Find ZenSERIES Kernel Thread here!!!

Thank you and Enjoy!
Android Developer Alliance

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Supports Trinity's contrast interface and OMAP4 Gamma interface adjustments with Franco's app... Very happy to see that after flashing, not many kernels support those other than Trinity
Thank you for that quick report freedom! But yessir, those feature were important to us, as well as having the very newest base there is from googles source.! Only version one, but should not let you down

·
Android Enthusiast
777 Posts
You guys are going to thorougly enjoy this kernel. I've been running it for the last few days and it's working wonders for me so far. It just makes my phone feel that much smoother.

Hope you guys enjoy it like I have been doing

Big thanks to bbedward for putting this together for all of us to enjoy!

I'm running intellidemand (governor)/deadline (scheduler) @384MHz/1305MHz, and it's working great for me. I suggest you experiment to see what combo works best for you.

Reactions: willyjay

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just flashed it and running intellidemand/deadline 384/1305MHz on AOKP SKANK nightlies, will report back in a few days. Feels very smooth and like the support of Trinity's contrast interface and OMAP4 Gamma interface adjustments!

Thanks for sharing.

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys thanks for the support.

If you have an issue, please try to logcat!

If you get a reboot (may be OC/voltage related) send /proc/last_kmsg. If no errors are there try switching CPU frequencies/governor
Thanks bbedward, and to all, this guy ^^^^ is our Kernel Developer on Android Developer Alliance, and the inventor of ZenSERIES! We have a stellar team with a lot to look forward too!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've installed this kernel and am using TricksterMOD to make adjustments. But I have a silly (stupid) question. The affinity Series rom is in the vzw section but this kernel is in the gsm section. Will this kernel run ok on a vzw phone? Maybe I'm getting some terms confused and mixed up but I think you know what I'm getting at. I mean, I've got the kernel loaded and it seems to be running ok but I'm just asking for my own peace of mind.

I have tried every kernel there is to try out at some point in time and I'm always a little confused on what they do and what to look for. I don't seem to notice any performance difference in any kernels and I usually just use the default that is built into the rom. I figure it's one less thing to OCD over. But if you have some simple pointers I'm willing to learn.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I've installed this kernel and am using TricksterMOD to make adjustments. But I have a silly (stupid) question. The affinity Series rom is in the vzw section but this kernel is in the gsm section. Will this kernel run ok on a vzw phone? Maybe I'm getting some terms confused and mixed up but I think you know what I'm getting at. I mean, I've got the kernel loaded and it seems to be running ok but I'm just asking for my own peace of mind.

I have tried every kernel there is to try out at some point in time and I'm always a little confused on what they do and what to look for. I don't seem to notice any performance difference in any kernels and I usually just use the default that is built into the rom. I figure it's one less thing to OCD over. But if you have some simple pointers I'm willing to learn.
Yes, its a unified kernel for all Galaxy Nexuses. Some kernels behave better than others, especially on different copies of the phones. At some point or another you will notice kernels performing better than others :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts