·
Follow the Android
314 Posts

Introducing
ZenSERIES Kernel
*ZenX Walking Tall*
Fast, Smooth & Battery Friendly

Unified Kernel for Toro/Toroplus/Maguro

The All New OP's will be maintained by ADA's Kernel Dev bbedward.!!!

To better serve you;
This here as a placeholder for your device redirecting to the main kernel support thread.

Find ZenSERIES Kernel Thread here!!!

Thank you and Enjoy!
Android Developer Alliance

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was just checking out ROM also. Very intrigued when its updated to latest version. Not trying to sound like ass.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
You are fine, it is certainly on its way.! 4.2 we now know is still Jelly Bean, but source is not yet available, so we'll continue to rebase on 4.1.2 and plan to get a nice update out!

Thank you,

Purian23

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Been running this since Friday night at 1305/384 Interactive ... loving it so far! franco.Kernel Updater app from Play Store works perfectly with this one.
Color set at 135/135/214 , Contrast -8, and Gamma 1.2 and it is beautiful thing!! Thanks ADA
Glad to hear it is running well for you! Thanks for the report Freedom :)

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not sure if that's what caused it but I had the black screen with those settings. The 230 was the only thing I had changed. It was a fresh install from a day earlier of the ROM with no mods. I installed the kernel, changed to 230, and it ran fine the rest of the evening. I left it on the charger overnight and when I went to unlock it in the morning it wouldn't. Had to pull the battery.
Hey guys, this is a quote from our Kernel Dev bbedward in our other forum that pertains to this.

[background=rgb(233, 233, 233)]"I believe there are issues, perhaps voltage/SR related, with 192/230MHz frequencies causing sporadic reboots for some people. Looking into that, if you're having issues revert to 384, if not keep on rolling [/background]

[background=rgb(233, 233, 233)]If you get odd behavior please try to shoot over a log, if you get a reboot try to send over /proc/last_kmsg "[/background]

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thank you all for the wonderful feedback! We have posted in all Galaxy Nexus forums to redirect the main traffic back here for support since this is a unified kernel for all. Be on the lookout for some nice updates to come based on our current feedback :)

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts

Introducing along with AffinitySERIES ROM
On our Site Forums
XDA & Rootz Forums

v3.0.49-ZenSERIES v2.0 Linaro Kernel
Fast, Smooth, Responsive & Battery Friendly

3.0.49 is the latest from Google source with upstream merges from 3.2/3.4/3.5
Built from 4.7gcc Linaro HighSpeed ToolChain

All Major Kernel App Controllers Compatible
384/1230Mhz CPU - InteractiveX/Deadline Default
384MHz GPU clock speed

Available Steps
Overclocking/Undervolting/Overvolting
192MHz/230MHz
384MHz (default)
576/729MHz/1036MHz
1230MHz (default)
1305MHz/1420MHz/1536MHz
1612MHz/1766/1804MHz

Available Governors
InteactiveX (Default)
Interactive/Pegasusq
Ondemand/Intellidemand
Performance/SalvagedZen
Conservative/Userspace
Powersave/Lazy

Available Schedulers
Deadline (Default)
SIO/Noop
Cfq/Bfq
VR/FIFO

More Features
Color Contrast Control
Vibration/Sound/Temp/Fsync/Color Control, BL Extender Support
Cpufreq tweaks (ondemand sleep/wake logic -> interactive faster+ more
Aggressive Scaling, Interactive, InteractiveX, Ondemand tweaks
Some MM/cpu scheduler sysctl tweaks, increased max readahead
Userspace undervolting support
v3.1-ck2 (all except for BFS and BFS related)
Compass fix for toroplus
Built with some basic optimizations, auto vectorization flags, neon instrinsics
+softfp, mtune=cortex-a9.
Several pmap PM cleanups/updates Several smartreflex cleanups/updates
Smartreflex disabled on 1420+ frequencies for stricter voltages

Upstream
- v3.0.49
- android omap updates (wifi related)
OC/Voltage
- Re-enabled SR for 192MHz and 230MHz, slightly bumped the frequency (Should solve boot/reboot issues)
- Added 576MHz step, perfect middle step between 384-768
- Added Aaron Carol's V® I/O scheduler per/request
- Added Aaron Carol's FIFO I/O scheduler (truly no operation, unlike no-op which still performs some sorting/merging)
- No-op full back and front merging, change no-op dispatching to back-insertion (Aaron Carol)
Cpu Frequency
- Add Samsung's Pegasusq governor (Gokhanmoral)
Misc
- Tuned things up by default a bit more (vfs_cache_pressure -> 20, dirty_background_ratio -> 50, dirty_ratio -> 90)
- Morfic's vibrator control
- Added support for ezekeel's sound control

Apply and flash through Clockwork Mod or Team Win Recovery Project
Clearing Cache & Dalvik Cache is reccommend to ensure the best outcome

Here are your ZenSERIES Download Links:
ZenSERIES v2.0 Kernel
Main Download

Our Mission & Goal:
Our goal is to offer Android users an improved device experience.
We strive to provide this with our AffinitySERIES ROM's, ZenSERIES Kernels and our upcoming applications.
We will achieve this while maintaining a high level of professionalism to our community.

Blueharford - Founder/Developer
msrfx - Founder/Developer
Bbedward - Developer
Purian23 - Public Relations Director/Creative Director
MR H3LLMAN - Creative Designer

Please feel free to visit our site & forums on
http://androiddeveloperalliance.org/
or
Chat with our team instantly on IRC #AndroidDeveloperAlliance

If you like ZenSERIES and would like to donate (never expected, always appreciated) to our efforts, use the donate link below.
Remember our Kernel is 100% free, open source software. Our team spends countless hours working on ZenSERIES to bring you the best android kernel sofware available.

Morfic/Ezekeel/Faux123
Imoseyon/Fancisco Franco
KalimochoAZ's/Coolbho3hk
Aaron Carol/Gokhanmoral

Thank you again to all the above, some other components here & there might be include.
So please check our Github for any and all remaining credits if you were missed. Please don't hesitate to PM me with any questions.​

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I'd be careful. 10 minutes after install hitting power button wouldn't wake device. 5 Battery pulls device wouldn't turn on, I left it alone for 10 minutes and finally it started up again.
Hello, Sorry to hear your troubles. That is very odd indeed, we have not had this reported at all. Did you clear your cache and dalvik cache upon install? Also what frequencies were you on when this happened. Anything you can think of that'll help, our update tonight should have solved the lower frequencies and wakeups.

Thank you,

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Would pegasus give better or worse battery than interactive or ondemand?

Hey FusiOn, I havent' had enough time to test it well enough. The best bets for battery would be InteractiveX and Ondemand in my opinion. InteractiveX on our kernel is exactly like Interactive scaled with the same speeds but with the added feature of suspend/wake code that'll enhance your battery.

Edit: Amphaeon is also correct.

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Question
On V2 using Trickster MOD. I can't set max off screen frequency. I don't see the option. I'm a blind?

You are not blind, good part! You're actually correct, this by mistake got excluded off the build. We will push out an update as soon as possible.

Thanks Purian23

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Ok been running since last night. Took off charger at 4am and at 7am i was down 3% with setup from a gentleman on page 5. Been strictly a trinity user for a couple months and this running awesome.

I am currently on sourcery also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
Thank you sir, we are glad to have you aboard :)

Purian23

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
love this kernel but noticed that one per day while my screen is off, my phone will not turn back on. Today I had a blinking light notifying me of a text message but when I tried to wake up the screen it stayed black. Have to pull the battery and restart phone.

I am using Sourcery 3.1 Rom and the trickster mod app that came with it. Other than set the Governor to interactive I really didnt touch anything. Not even the colors
Hey buddy,

We were hoping to have solved that if you are on 192/230 on the low end with v2. But rest assured we're already looking into further implimentations to help solve the few and far between we've experienced thus far!

Thank you for reporting

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Are you guys working on an update to allow for max off screen frequency or just rolling it into another release? No rush or anything, just curious.

Loving this thing btw. Coming from a trinity loyalist. Paired with Atom, it's s dream.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
Hello,

We are currently working on a number of nice updates, not to give an ETA because we don't like over promising and under delivering to our users. To say the least, rest assured it is coming to a thread new you :)

P.S. Thank you all for being so helpful to one another and reporting your experiences in either direction you might have. We strive for this type of unity between ourselves and community members!!!

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
v3.0.50-ZenSERIES v3 Linaro Kernel

Code:
ZenSERIES_v3<br />
- Latest Upstream v3.0.50<br />
- Added back in screenoff_maxfrequency support*<br />
- *Defaults to 576MHz - Should solve wakelocks/wake issues<br />
- Removed rev_penalty even though it's the main feature of VR<br />
- Also removed logic based on choosing request *<br />
- *Depending on head because our phones don't have spinning hard drives.<br />
- Added +10mV to 192/230Mhz frequencies<br />
- Reverted some memory patches that were problematic<br />
- Added "Zen" I/O scheduler.<br />
* Based primarily off of no-op, but also VR. Very similar to SIO.<br />
* Primarily FCFS, dispatches back-inserted, deadlines ensure fairness between requests.<br />
* Synchronous requests chosen over asynchronous ones<br />
* Even simpler than the "Simple I/O scheduler"<br />
* Consider it experimental, as it has only been tested minimally so far.
ZenSERIES v3 Kernel
Main Download

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
v3.0.50-ZenSERIES v3.1 Linaro Kernel
Code:
ZenSERIES_v3.1<br />
-Added cleaner.sh script to zip template & runs in the updater-script<br />
-Thoroughly cleans any & all remaining kernel scripts<br />
-Should fix issues for users who can't boot the kernel<br />
-Added Zen Info sysfs interface for future usage<br />
ZenSERIES v3.1 Kernel
Main Download

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Did cache & Dalvik wipe between each, fix permissions, reboot, nothing.
Sorry you are having issues Silver. I have just confirmed again on my end with 3.1 that Wifi is running perfect. If there is anything you can think of mod wise that might be holding you up, please drop back in to let us know. I personally clean flashed our entire ROM again just to be efficient
But honestly, your procedure steps are correct. I agree with jjhiza, permissions shouldn't need fixed for this kernel. Just again let us know and thank you for reporting.

Purian23

1 - 20 of 77 Posts