Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 1068 Posts

·
Android Lover
1,369 Posts
so can you control the colors from the ROM app or does this require trickster or francos color control

·
Requiem Dev
605 Posts
so what is this savaged-zen governor? More for battery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
In my experience, the SavagedZen/cfq combo yields the best battery life by far, but runs a bit slower than some people may like. It's a great tradeoff if you need to make it through the day without worrying about your battery dying though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
After my freeze/reboot I reflashed kernel and set it up with Intellidemand and its been running amazingly. Can't wait to combine this w/ the ROM when its ready for some sweetness.

·
Follow the Android
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thank you all for the wonderful feedback! We have posted in all Galaxy Nexus forums to redirect the main traffic back here for support since this is a unified kernel for all. Be on the lookout for some nice updates to come based on our current feedback :)

·
Androidian Finagler
443 Posts
been a Franco and trinity fan for a long time, always had best results withthose 2. now I am adding this to the list, and moving it to the #1 spot. nice work, very nice.
ps - I don't run before 320, but I do offset voltages by -50 and no problems.

·
Registered
400 Posts
This kernel is the f*cking shit. Amazing battery life. No lag at all using Intellidemand. My new favorite.

·
Nexus Addict
377 Posts
What does intellidemand and Savanged Zen do?

·
Requiem Dev
605 Posts
What does intellidemand and Savanged Zen do?
Here you go. I posted this over in the Affinity thread, before this one went up. It should give you a good idea of what to expect. Check the thread I've linked to for more technical information.

---------------------------------------------------
Ok guys...here are some of my findings, based on testing different governor/scheduler combos. Your results may vary, depending on how you use your device:

*First...do a clean flash (cache and dalvik wipe) to avoid any potential boot issues.

Interactive/sio: a trued and true combo, that's both quick and responsive, and decent on battery.

On demand/ deadline: another old combo, that many people prefer for its low battery consumption.

SavagedZen/CFQ: slightly slower than Interactive/sio, but very smooth, and provides great battery. If you don't care too much about benchmarking, and want a great all-around setup...this may be a good choice. *[Best for battery...by a LOT]

Interactivex/sio: slightly better battery than Interactive/sio, but similar overall performance. *[Fastest combo...does give micro lag at times]

Lulzactive/sio or deadline: choose a scheduler based on how you want your device to perform. Lulzactive is a mix of Interactive and Smartass, so pairing it with sio will give you faster overall performance, while deadline gives a little more smoothness and battery.

Intellidemand/deadline, sio, or CFQ: Intellidemand has some GPU scaling properties to it, that fit perfectly with JB's Project Butter code changes. Mix it with deadline for better battery, sio for speed, or CFQ for a nice balance.

*My personal setup is Intellidemand/CFQ, as I've found it to be the best for me. I get good battery, it's great for gaming (tested with Order and Chaos, Dungeon Defenders and Modern Combat), stays pretty cool, and stays stable.

***Some Tweaks {color and performance} * * *

ROM Toolbox Pro:

(Under systctl tweaks):
vm.dirty_background_ratio = 70
vm.min_free_kbytes = 4096
vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 30
vm.oom_kill_allocating_task = On

(Under SD boost): set to 4096

Franco app color tuning:

Color multipliers: 157, 144, 200
RGB Gama: -4, 0, 4
Trinity's Contrast Interface: -13
OMAP4 Gama Interface: 1.4
Disable CAB: checked

*Again...these are just what works for me. Try them and play around with them if you want. Hope this helps. 

Here is IMO, the best governor/scheduler resource guide in all of my internets! If you want to learn a bit more, check it out.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1369817

·
Nexus Addict
377 Posts
Looks good, Thanks!

·
Registered
272 Posts
so far, intellidemand has been great for me.

interactivex was fantastic on battery life (especially idle drain) but i had numerous SOD's that required battery pulls.

thanks for a great kernel!

·
Requiem Dev
605 Posts
so far, intellidemand has been great for me.

interactivex was fantastic on battery life (especially idle drain) but i had numerous SOD's that required battery pulls.

thanks for a great kernel!
If battery is your main concern, and you can deal with things running a little slower, try the SavagedZen/cfq combo. I recorded - 1.45% per hour, idle drain, on a full charge with that combo.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
767 Posts
I don't know anything about the schedulers.

What's best for say, 75% speed/ 25% battery?

Running intellidemand and sio right now, seems good but more speed it's always better! :D

I'm near a charger frequently so not an issue.

21 - 40 of 1068 Posts