Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I took an arrow to the ankle.
More than most of you have been waiting on this, so here it finally is. A Kernel.

What is it? A Kernel. Vanilla as can be.

Optimizations? None yet. I uploaded this so you guys can have a bone stock non VZW/Stock Kernel.

Source: Will add later. There you have it below. If interested in helping/maintaining, let me know.

Nothing custom yet besides cleaning it up.

Code:
git clone [URL=https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/omap]https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/omap[/URL].git<br />
<br />
<br />
git fetch /remotes/origin/android-omap-tuna-3.0<br />
Credits:
Google
Krylon360
PreludeDrew
DesignGears
And everyone else testing it out.

Updates to come shortly (hopefully)

Achilles v1
Download: HERE

MD5:
Code:
 [email protected]:~/sdk/platform-tools$ md5sum achillesv1.zip<br />
6b562fc15639eb458dc89627e6428ad9  achillesv1.zip
NEW! Achilles v2.3 Stripped

Features: Removed more debug options and added optimization for size (worthless imho)

Code:
<br />
[email protected]:~/sdk/platform-tools$ md5sum achilles2.3stripped.zip<br />
98c1ffc6905d174ccebb2b3522b48cff  achilles2.3stripped.zip
Download: HERE

FLASH THESE IN Clockwork!
Enjoy, please do not offer donations. This is for fun. If you want to donate, buy a supporting member package and support the devs by pitching in to get them phones.

Source: https://github.com/b1six/Project-Achilles

·
Android Beginner
104 Posts
So does flashing this allow for overclocking and thats about the only change, is that correct? And thanks for your hard work!

·
Android Addict
1,043 Posts
First phone with an unlocked bootloader here. What does the Kernel change(not this one in particular just in general). And do I flash in CWM?

Sent from my GNex Unicorn

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kernel is how the hardware and software in lamens terms "communicate". This kernel isn't customized much yet, its just slimmed down with less debug options and useless file system supports like MTD etc.

·
Android Addict
1,043 Posts
I'm going to wait for the update you say is coming, but flash in CWM or ADB push?
Work on 4.0.2 or 4.0.3 only?

Thanks

·
Android Addict
1,043 Posts
Running Revolution right now, I'll swap today. As far as NFC goes, I tried to use wallet today at the gas station. It said sent but its like the kiosk didn't receive, dunno?

·
Android Beginner
616 Posts
I see this is for 4.0.3

When will we see 4.0.3 on our phones? I thought these updates were supposed to be pushed right away...

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
GatorsUF said:
I see this is for 4.0.3

When will we see 4.0.3 on our phones? I thought these updates were supposed to be pushed right away...
It's likely weeks away... The OTA will probably include a radio update, as well. (I hope.)

The source release now is to allow developers to prepare for 4.0.3 when it arrives.

·
Supporting Member
113 Posts
krylon360 said:
That's a question for Google.
Nope that is a question for vzw. They must approve all updates, which means that they will be delayed big time...
The community will be my source for updates.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts