Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 388 Posts

·
waffler
885 Posts
cayniarb said:
Apparently WiFi is working on CM7 MR2 from slayher. Tested with Wifi sleep policy set to never on a wpa enabled WiFi.
No go for me. Just shows "error" under Wi-Fi.

·
Android Lover
1,296 Posts
I don't have any problems, I'm just waiting for it to work with Viper. I've turned into a bit of an undervolt whore, and I dunno just how aggressive this one is. I run Kang Bang currently, and prior I was all about Dream with the Rapist Extreme mod.

·
Android Lover
1,296 Posts
Score! It works smooth as all get out, and I love the incredibly gradual steps in scaling, so I've got a feeling once I can start screwing with the voltages this thing is gonna be beastly.

·
Developer
37 Posts
SomeGuyDude said:
Score! It works smooth as all get out, and I love the incredibly gradual steps in scaling, so I've got a feeling once I can start screwing with the voltages this thing is gonna be beastly.
What ROM are you on with WiFi working? I'm still thinking the issue might be in working with OMFGB...

·
Android Lover
1,296 Posts
cayniarb said:
What ROM are you on with WiFi working? I'm still thinking the issue might be in working with OMFGB...
Cm7 as well. No problems whatsoever.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Member
21 Posts
I really enjoyed this kernel on my EVO! Any plans to add SBC versions to the Thunderbolt?

Sent from my ThunderBolt using RootzWiki Forums

·
Developer
37 Posts
Okay, I no longer think the WiFi issue is ROM related. I have one person with it working on radio 1.39.00.0627r, 0.01.69.0625r and one with it not on radio 1.46.00.0704w_2, 0.01.76.0703_2r.

Can others confirm this difference?

·
Developer
37 Posts
wrich73 said:
I really enjoyed this kernel on my EVO! Any plans to add SBC versions to the Thunderbolt?

Gah!!!

The entire concept behind the SBC modification is something particular to the battery driver used by the Evo and Incredible. It doesn't port to other devices because they use different drivers.

·
Supporting Member
21 Posts
"cayniarb said:
Gah!!!

The entire concept behind the SBC modification is something particular to the battery driver used by the Evo and Incredible. It doesn't port to other devices because they use different drivers.
Oh, sad panda :-( thanks for the response, I wondered why I haven't seen an AOSP kernel with SBC for the Thunderbolt...
I do miss the friendly, thoughtful chats on the subject over at XDA EVO forums ;-)

·
Average Android
81 Posts
cayniarb said:
Okay, I no longer think the WiFi issue is ROM related. I have one person with it working on radio 1.39.00.0627r, 0.01.69.0625r and one with it not on radio 1.46.00.0704w_2, 0.01.76.0703_2r.

Can others confirm this difference?

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
icanhazdroid said:
Looks like his works, with CM of course.

I'm running the same radio with OMFGB and nothing :/
Can't get it to work with cm7 and newest gb radio. Switched between IMO and tiamat 3 times. IMO worked every time but I get wifi error with tiamat.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Developer
37 Posts
Okay, I have finally tracked down the issue here with tons of help from slayher and thederekj and testers who have been trying every kernel I've thrown at them.

I feel like an idiot for this too: there is something amiss in the any-kernel implementation in the zip, and it is not pushing the bcm module to the device. WiFi will work just fine if you manually push and I am working on fixing the zips. 1.0.3 will be out soon for you.

Any Kernel hates me. If you manually mount /system in recovery, then flash the kernel, it installs properly.

·
Developer
37 Posts
cayniarb said:
Okay, I have finally tracked down the issue here with tons of help from slayher and thederekj and testers who have been trying every kernel I've thrown at them.

I feel like an idiot for this too: there is something amiss in the any-kernel implementation in the zip, and it is not pushing the bcm module to the device. WiFi will work just fine if you manually push and I am working on fixing the zips. 1.0.3 will be out soon for you.

Any Kernel hates me. If you manually mount /system in recovery, then flash the kernel, it installs properly.
1.0.3 is now live on http://tiamat-dev.com -- after literally hours of tracking down this issue, help from 4 other kernel devs, and 2 very dedicated testers, the WiFi issue is resolved.

With that out of the way, I can go back to working on adding features.

Sorry for the delay everyone.

21 - 40 of 388 Posts