·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
How's 1.15 treating you abqnm?

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
abqnm said:
Try bringing it back to stock speed and then using incredicontrol, increase the voltages one step on the OC frequencies. Keep trying this until it doesn't crash the phone and then you are set. You can check set at boot after you are sure the settings work. Same goes for the CPU speed. Don't set it to OC at boot until you have made sure the voltages are stable. Good luck!
i tired stock speeds and it still froze. there's actually alot of reports of this in the liquid thread. ive switched to the JD kernel and have had no issues. i assume this is a voltage issue with the kernel. id like to use it because it has smartassv2 and the incall is louder.

·
Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine
2,243 Posts
fixxxer2012 said:
i tired stock speeds and it still froze. there's actually alot of reports of this in the liquid thread. ive switched to the JD kernel and have had no issues. i assume this is a voltage issue with the kernel. id like to use it because it has smartassv2 and the incall is louder.
It might be a liquid issue. It could be having issues with the kernel. I know it works on CM7 and MIUI.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

Reactions: fixxxer2012

·
2,243 Posts
Rogan said:
How's 1.15 treating you abqnm?
I am actually still on 1.1.4. I had a hard time getting 1.1.4 to not have battery drain issues so I am hanging here for a while. Everything works and no issues so I will probably wait a release or until I get bored.

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
abqnm said:
It might be a liquid issue. It could be having issues with the kernel. I know it works on CM7 and MIUI.

maybe ill look into cm7 then.

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
fixxxer2012 said:
maybe ill look into cm7 then.
Check out OMFGB, its awesome.

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
I\'m not running 1.14 but 268 could be the lowest frequency step for that kernel. If you want lower 1.15 goes to 192.

·
Android Beginner
59 Posts
Has anybody tried compiling this kernel ( 1.1.5)??
I keep getting an error very quickly indicating:
CLEAN .tmp_versions
HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
HOSTCC scripts/basic/docproc
HOSTCC scripts/basic/hash
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/conf.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/kxgettext.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
HOSTLD scripts/kconfig/conf
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/arm/Kconfig
CHK include/linux/version.h
CHK include/generated/utsrelease.h
HOSTCC scripts/kallsyms
CC scripts/mod/empty.o
scripts/mod/empty.c:1: sorry, unimplemented: -mfloat-abi=hard and VFP
make[2]: *** [scripts/mod/empty.o] Error 1

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
1.15 is where its at.

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
I am running the latest CM7 nightly (125) and every time I try to flash this kernel it locks up on me. I battery pull and boot back up and the same issue, wether I OC or leave it at stock. I want to try this out because of the good reviews I've been reading but it's not playing nice with my phone. Any ideas guys?

·
2,243 Posts
For those having issues with kernels, you may want to keep up with aeroevan's thread. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/7717-kernel-aeroevan-vivow-kernels-for-aosp/

He has merged Tiamat and jdkernel and there is a lot of information in there. Just an FYI, it seems that both CM7 and MIUI have been having issues with kernels. MIUI since 1.10.14 won't work with CFS kernels and CM7 has been having some issues. That thread talks a lot about CM7 issues.

I have been running 0.6 BFS version on MIUI and it is just as loud as Tiamat. Just my experience right now.

·
2,243 Posts
I heard source code recently dropped for dinc2. Im just shocked there arent more kernel options.
The code on there is still the old 2.3.3 code. The newest kernel source is still not published that I can find.

There are quite a few options, 2 of which are new and still testing. Aeroevan and CorCor67 both are releasing new kernels. I like aeroevan's kernel right now. Plus Tiamat and jdkernel are still around, although not updated quite as much anymore.

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
i heard the ginger kernel source was released last week. i suspect things will be quiet now that 3 new power houses are about to release.

·
Android Beginner
689 Posts
Im digging this kernel but it sucks really bad the devs gave up on fixing the audio.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 40 Posts