Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Developer
48 Posts
These are rainbow producing kernels if you haven't flashed GB bootloaders... Many fixes and improvements have been made in them.

They are flashable via Odin. Put the .tar file in the PDA section and flash it. You can also extract the zImage and use Heimdall to flash the kernel as well.

Bullet v6.x-voodoo includes:

Voodoo Sound v9
Voodoo Color
Voodoo Lagfix
BLN support (thanks to neldar)
CWM 2.5 (the regular red Voodoo recovery we all have come love)
339MB of memory
Smartass and Interactive CPU governors (Conservative still default at boot)
Volume keys mapped to i9000 so no changes needed in the ROM and the keys work correctly in recovery
OC with safe boot to 1ghz use SetCPU to set clock speed
GPS init.rc
Proper headphone jack routing for T959
USB dock audio should be properly routed as well
Based on xcaliberinhand's reoriented i897 JVB Kernel and supercurio's voodoo lagfix initramfs

Make sure to match the kernel version to the ROM version. You want to use the JVB kernel on JVB based ROMs and the JVH kernel on JVH based ROMs.

Download, Flash, and Enjoy!
Bullet GB JVP 1.2ghz

Bullet GB JVP 1.42ghz

This one is for you speed freaks with special phones. I have 3 Vibrants and can get this to run on only one of them. If your phone will run this, it's a benchmark MONSTER! Good luck with it. Please refrain from posting issues with it such as, my phone locks up, or I can't run Quadrant. It means your phone hardware just can't support it... Sorry.

Bullet GB JVP 1.54ghz

·
Themer
159 Posts
Thank you for all your hardwork. Your overstock kernel used to be the lifeblood of my vibrant. These gb kernels you are putting out are amazing. They have revived my device. Thank you.

·
Themer
159 Posts
roman said:
1.54 is being loaded up right now!

My phone runs it alrigth so far!

Oh hell yeah I was hitting almost hitting 3200 with the 1.2 on asgard cant wait to try 1.54!

Edit: just loaded and setup up 1.54. 27+ linpack and every quadrant is about what roman posted. Looks like I will be holding onto this combo for a bit.

·
Average Android
54 Posts
Is 16.9 Linpack results ok for a 1.2ghz OC? And my 1ghz stock clock only nets 11.3, do these numbers seem ok for Linpack? I'm also getting around 1860's to mid 1900's for 1ghz on Quadrant and as high as 2955 at 1.2ghz. I assume everything is in line as it should be except for the 11.3 Linpack results?

Thanks for a great kernel cmenard....

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Sweet, thanks for a great update to the Gingerbread world, missed BLN. I am able to run the 1.42 with no issues. Of course the 1.54 causes reboots.. but again thanks.

·
Average Android
54 Posts
vibrantliker said:
how are you getting those results? I just flashed and no better that the 1.2.ghz
LOL, he probably downloaded the proper version bud. There are 3 versions of this Kernel in the OP, 1.2Ghz, 1.42Ghz and a 1.54Ghz for devices that can handle it.

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
Kwes1020 said:
Oh hell yeah I was hitting almost hitting 3200 with the 1.2 on asgard cant wait to try 1.54!

Edit: just loaded and setup up 1.54. 27+ linpack and every quadrant is about what roman posted. Looks like I will be holding onto this combo for a bit.
how are you getting those results? I just flashed and no better that the 1.2.ghz (which btw, was just at 1750)

·
Average Android
54 Posts
vibrantliker said:
how are you getting those results? I just flashed and no better that the 1.2.ghz (which btw, was just at 1750)
Did you not read my last reply to you? Please pay attention, he used the proper Kernel in the OP for those speeds....

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
SkOrPn said:
Did you not read my last reply to you? Please pay attention, he used the proper Kernel in the OP for those speeds....
I understand. I had 1.2Ghz, that came with Asgard_V3 but never saw speeds like that ever, so I flashed the 1.42Ghz thinking I might but it posts no diff that the 1.2 Ghz. Just wondering why.

·
Average Android
54 Posts
vibrantliker said:
I understand. I had 1.2Ghz, that came with Asgard_V3 but never saw speeds like that ever, so I flashed the 1.42Ghz thinking I might but it posts no diff that the 1.2 Ghz. Just wondering why.
Oh Ok, you should of said that to begin with, lol. If you flashed the 1.42Ghz kernel and SetCPU did not let you overclock to 1.42Ghz, then you either flashed the wrong Kernel or something is broken. Either way, I apologize as I have no experience with Kernels higher than 1.2Ghz, they are just not needed for anything other than benching... Try re-downloading the Kernels in question and entering Download Mode via recovery, maybe just maybe you accidentally flashed the wrong Kernel. Good luck...

EDIT: Wait a minute, you did use SetCPU to overclock to 1.42ghz RIGHT? I mean all of cmenards bullet kernels requires SetCPU in order to overclock as the OP states....

·
Developer
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
vibrantliker said:
It sounds like you're still running at 1ghz with those scores. You need to use SetCPU to set the upper speed of the kernel. Once you do that run it for a while to make sure your phone is stable before you select the "save at boot" settings.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Thank you for your work on these GB kernels! Amazing.. but I was wondering will you have a non-OC kernel with UV? or is that not possible with these GB kernels?

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Hi!
Even though the kernel supports voodoo colour, i cannot seem to find the colour calibration options in the voodoo control app.

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
bloodhawk said:
Hi!
Even though the kernel supports voodoo colour, i cannot seem to find the colour calibration options in the voodoo control app.
color calibration,afaik, is a cm feature and will only be found there

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Nope if a kernel supports VooDoo colour, the colour calibration is found under the VooDoo control app, just like the sound and lagfix tweaks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts