More governors: smartassv2, minmax, lazy, InteractiveX, and lagfree
zRam - minfree parameters
CIFS
NFS
TUN
INIT.D
Changelog:

v1.0 Initial release. Kernel is 3.0.13.

v1.5 Made kernel compatible with 4.0.3 roms and used Anderson's AnyKernel zip. Also added 384 Mhz gpu oc.

v2.0 Patched kernel up to 3.0.14, added zRam, interactiveX + lagfree governors, some misc. performance tweaks from jdk, and INIT.D support.

**INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING**

***CFS Build***
Matr1x-cfs_v2.0.zip

Use recovery to flash from sdcard! You can also flash from Rom Manager. Then reboot.

v2.0 zips:

cfs: http://goo.gl/QK80n

v1.5 zips:

cfs: http://goo.gl/iqtiu

v1.0 zips:

cfs: http://goo.gl/anvW3

Code:
**HOW TO ADD ZRAM minfree parameters**<br />
<br />
1. Go into adb shell or terminal emulator.<br />
<br />
2. enter the following command: echo "500,1000,20000,20000,20000,25000" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree
- If you want to make sure it works, just check the file with this command:

cat /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree
Link to source code:

https://bitbucket.or...laxynexuskernel

Thanks to:

Anderson for the AnyKernel zip.
Ezekeel for the Lazy Governor; Erasmux for the Smartassv2 governor.
coolbho3hk for the oc and uv patches.
Anyone that tested my stuff.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Kernel works well. I'm using CFS version 1.5 with Rootzboat 4.0.3 ROM.

I'm finding this Kernel's performance is similar to Fabolous's 1.4ghz Kernel version....CF-Bench and AnTuTu benchmarks are similar in scores.

I'm just not sure what the different Scaling settings do. Lazy, MinMax, and SmartassV2....is there a description?

·
Average Android
289 Posts
does USB USM (usb mass storage) work with this kernel? In other words, can we use a usb otg cable to connect a usb flash drive, then mount it?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I see that I am able to set voltages in SetCPU. Anyone trying this out? What are your undervolt settings at? If UV is working correct, I'm currently at 1150mv at 1.35ghz. Stress tests are fine so far. No issues.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Kernel is cool and I'm stable at 1075mV at 1.35Ghz which is pretty damn nice. I also got great battery life with the SmartAssV2 scaling.

However, I noticed a major decline in benchmarking...going from 7400 down to 5400 in CF-Bench and even AnTuTu reports a similar number.

Maybe its a UV thing? I tried going back to the stock voltage of this kernel and it made very little difference in my scores. Not sure what's up.

·
Android Lover
1,260 Posts
Kernel is cool and I'm stable at 1075mV at 1.35Ghz which is pretty damn nice. I also got great battery life with the SmartAssV2 scaling.

However, I noticed a major decline in benchmarking...going from 7400 down to 5400 in CF-Bench and even AnTuTu reports a similar number.

Maybe its a UV thing? I tried going back to the stock voltage of this kernel and it made very little difference in my scores. Not sure what's up.
Thermal throttling.

Throw it in the fridge for about five minutes.
Start cf-bench and leave in fridge.
Shake your head and admire the high scores.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah, im looking for a strong UV, wondering why User controlled UV doesnt work on anyone's kernel thus far. Are you looking into it?

EDIT: Just did some CF benchmarking with a few other 4.0.3 kernels available.

Stock Rootzboat v4 ~6400
Faux123's kernel ~5800
Fabolous's Apex ~7400
Matrix Kernel ~7200

I've been using Fab's because the UV is fantastic and the benchmarking is great. Phone is so snappy. However it lacks CIFS support (among other goodies). Since yours supports CIFS and scores pretty much the same, coupled with similar snappiness, you've earned yourself a consistent kernel use by me

Honestly the only thing I could ask more out of your kernel is user controlled undervolting, or at the very least a stronger undervolt. Look at the second post in Fab's thread, its got a snapshot of the voltages he uses for each stepping, they are very stable (and significantly less than the stock voltages).

Cheers

1 - 20 of 62 Posts