Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
> _ >
462 Posts
That sounds like what happens when you use the 3-finger method to get into recovery on ICS roms. Although it sounds like you got into recovery correctly (from the reboot menu)?

·
> _ >
462 Posts
I'm not sure I understand.. You say you couldn't get it to reboot normally, but you got to the lockscreen, so it sounds like it did reboot normally. If you're using one of the ports, I do seem to remember seeing issues where they would boot into recovery even if you selected "normal" reboot in the power menu. Lots of people using V14 B3 without any recovery bootloop issues, so it's not a kernel problem.

·
> _ >
462 Posts
The kernel never "broke" data, you just have to use the correct one for the rom you're on. The only rom that glitch is really meant to be compatible with is the THS one.

·
> _ >
462 Posts
Keep in mind neither sixstringsg or TkGlitch have fascinates. The only glitch team member that does is ssewk2x (efpophis), and I believe he's been busy with real life stuff lately, although I did see him pop up on our THS thread here today.

That said, (and I'll say it again), I'd recommend using the version for 6.1, I'm using it now with no issue. I didn't try the version for build 6 and had no reason to since the kernel for 6.1 works fine (again).

·
> _ >
462 Posts
You probably have wifi on. Wifi + deep idle doesn't seem to be a good combination on B5, although I've tried a few things to get deep idle working and am not racking up any time in TOP=ON or TOP=OFF, so I've just disabled it altogether since it doesn't seem to be working right at this time.

·
> _ >
462 Posts
Eric, what I did was go back to B4 since I was having the same issue with BLN. You will have to reflash the rom, then the kernel, but you don't have to wipe data so you won't lose anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts