Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
RichardZu said:
What are the steps..
Run the formatter
Than Odin new gb. Rummy
Than Odin hacked.kernal?
Run the formatter, flash CWM version of EP1Q and flash the kernel in Odin. Flashing the kernel in Odin is only required if the ROM zip doesn't include it already. Both of the ROMs I posted have it.

Sent from my DROID Charge

·
I just live here
475 Posts
I was hoping to flash this before work, looks like i'll have to wait until tonight. Keep up the good work guys, loving the continued awesomeness coming out of devs for the Charge!

·
Android Fanatic
195 Posts
"Synack said:
This did not work for me...?
if I wasn't out i'd upload mine for ya... oh yeah imnuts strangely enough I actually flashed the fassy su 'eclair/froyo' instead of the other GB signed one I had and it worked, just looked funny when installing said superuser for fascinate lol

Sent from my SCH-I510 using RootzWiki Forums

·
F*cking badass
45 Posts
I already had the Superuser app before this but I did not have Superuser privileges. It was weird.

Then I went to that site and downloaded:
Eclair/Froyo/Gingerbread/Honeycomb (2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0)
md5: a2844ac335a5c1cfdb9bea2fc041b415
su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip

Flashed in CWM, nothing.

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
"Synack said:
I already had the Superuser app before this but I did not have Superuser privileges. It was weird.

Flashed in CWM, nothing.
There are actually a couple issues.

/system/bin/su is symlinked to /system/xbin/su which is also symlinked to /system/bin/su, so its a circular symlink. To fix you need to be savy in adb shell, rm the symlinks and cwm the su pkg

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Synack said:

Flashed in CWM, nothing.
Syn Ack, I had the same thing happen to me. What I did was wipe data and flashed imnuts debloated EP1Q from this forum. Then w/o booting I wiped again and flashed a GummyGBE.zip and booted. Root was fixed and EXT4 was intact.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Synack said:

Flashed in CWM, nothing.
I've flashed that before without issue. c0ns0le is right though that the current root issues are all symlink related.

Sent from my DROID Charge

·
F*cking badass
45 Posts
c0ns0le said:
There are actually a couple issues.

/system/bin/su is symlinked to /system/xbin/su which is also symlinked to /system/bin/su, so its a circular symlink. To fix you need to be savy in adb shell, rm the symlinks and cwm the su pkg
Hey man, thanks. Just tell me which files or folders I need to "rm". And I assume I need to flash the same CWM package that I have shown above? I can do all of this in adb no problem.

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
"Synack said:
Hey man, thanks. Just tell me which files or folders I need to "rm". And I assume I need to flash the same CWM package that I have shown above? I can do all of this in adb no problem.
Rm the two symlinks and flash the su pkg thats it

Make sure /system is mounted when you do the flash via cwmr

21 - 40 of 55 Posts