Android OS Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Synack said:
Are the symlinks actual files?
Yes, they are files. Just run the following and it should hopefully solve it for you.
Code:
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl10 /system<br />
adb shell rm /system/bin/su<br />
adb shell rm /system/xbin/su
After that, reboot and the kernel should root the phone, otherwise, try the su zip again in cwm.

·
F*cking badass
45 Posts
mdietz said:
Yes, they are files. Just run the following and it should hopefully solve it for you.
Code:
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl10 /system<br />
adb shell rm /system/bin/su<br />
After that, reboot and the kernel should root the phone, otherwise, try the su zip again in cwm.
Many many thanks.

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
"mdietz said:
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl10 /system
adb shell rm /system/bin/su

Lol k so again I was being lazy here sorry didn't give enough detail

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Minor issue which I think is kernel related, since it happened on both stock debloated and gummy. The charge display is not working properly when the phone is turned off and plugged in. It is just displaying the battery with the loading icon in the center, which eventually freezes like that. Otherwise this is working great and loving having EXT4 on gingerbread.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
charliebronson said:
Minor issue which I think is kernel related, since it happened on both stock debloated and gummy. The charge display is not working properly when the phone is turned off and plugged in. It is just displaying the battery with the loading icon in the center, which eventually freezes like that. Otherwise this is working great and loving having EXT4 on gingerbread.
This is kernel related, but I'm not sure how it can be fixed, or if I can fix it. When charging with the phone off, it does a partial boot to display that image/animation. I don't know if it uses the boot or recovery kernel though, or where the images are stored.

Sent from my DROID Charge

·
Android Army/Themer
235 Posts
Im on gcrc2 can I just flash this via recovery?

Wriglys lightning

·
Android Army/Themer
235 Posts
blackdraggin said:
In the gummy forum is a thread on how to obtain ext 4 on gummy roms.
I must be confused, I'm on gummy with ext4 is this kernel the same as the one included in gummy ep1q? I thought this was special kernel ment as an optional replacement for the other gb kernel. Am I incorrect?

Wriglys lightning

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Loustsoul said:
I must be confused, I'm on gummy with ext4 is this kernel the same as the one included in gummy ep1q? I thought this was special kernel ment as an optional replacement for the other gb kernel. Am I incorrect?

Wriglys lightning
This should be the same kernel. I don't know of any other GB kernels for EP1Q that have ext4 support.

·
Android Army/Themer
235 Posts
mdietz said:
This should be the same kernel. I don't know of any other GB kernels for EP1Q that have ext4 support.
Thank you.

Wriglys lightning

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Is there a 'howto' on the various kernels and flash. The phone is a 'stock', it is not rooted, it does not have a voodoo kernel, or cwm.

First - What are the files and order to install.
Second - How can a kernel be in stalled with Odin?
(is pda used, etc. )
(can odin install tar files)

41 - 55 of 55 Posts