Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,255 Posts
This is a minimalistic Charge kernel based on the stock samsung source.

DOWNLOADS:
Click here

FEATURES
  • Stripped down of unnecessary components. Lean!
  • multiple components were backported from Linux v3 (see below).
  • latest voodoo lagfix, sound, etc.
  • heavily modified,optimized governors: interactive, smartass, ondemand
  • overclocked to 1.4Ghz (overclock code heavily optimized by me)
  • voltage scaling via setcpu, voltage control, etc. for all governors (voltage scaling code heavily optimized by me)
  • memory, fs tweaks via initramfs
  • supports custom boot animations
  • notable Linux v3.x backports: tinyrcu, ondemand governor
  • TUN support (as a module)
  • a few other mods and optimizations i forgot to mention

CHANGELOG
  • v1.0.0 - initial release (same as 0.13.6 which was included in gummy 2.0)
  • v1.1.0 - hdmi mirror support, TUN support (as a module)
  • v1.2.0 - updated memory cache/buffers tweaks to reflect charge memory capacity
  • v1.2.1 - renabled 100mhz for smartass governor
  • v1.2.2 - build fixes from aerovan, minfree tweaked for charge memory capacity, kerne version can now be found on /kernel_version

Source: https://github.com/imoseyon/leanKernel-droid-charge-froyo/tree/oc

Thanks to imnuts, supercurio, and a few other folks i may have inadvertently kanged from.

Donate to your favorite charity or donate to me.
 

·
Android Addict
Joined
·
310 Posts
Curious.... I loaded this up on stock rooted froyo and lost superuser. Had to redownload and update the binaries again but didn't lose root. No big deal but wondering why it removed superuser app?

Nvm. It looks like after flashing back to 13.3, redownload 13.6, reflash, all went well. Chalk up a fault download. Nice work man. :)
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
21 Posts
I can't wait to read what governor settings people use. This is my first experience with a kernel that allows for changing the governor, so I know nothing about them.

Right now I added some undervolt accross the board, enabled 1300, and I am on conservative. Running flawlessly.
 

·
Android Addict
Joined
·
310 Posts
"PeterGun said:
I can't wait to read what governor settings people use. This is my first experience with a kernel that allows for changing the governor, so I know nothing about them.

Right now I added some undervolt accross the board, enabled 1300, and I am on conservative. Running flawlessly.
Running Interactive 1000mhz -75 to -50 top to bottom. 1704 latest quad. Will checkout smartass next. I don't usually OC.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
334 Posts
Running this (its included in GC 2.0) and ondemand governor with -50mV on all stock frequencies and battery life is beast so far.
 

·
Droid Journeyman
Joined
·
274 Posts
Imoseyon, is there any way you could make a kernal that is compatible with bln control, I know the menu lights are dim but I would love to have this as an option.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
10 Posts
IMOSEYON, you are amazing! I had your kernels on my thunderbolt before i switched it out for the charge and it made my phone last the whole day on 4g easily with heavy use! Any chance there will be extremely undervolted versions of this kernel? But i will be rolling back to froyo to try this because i loved your kernels! Thank you for your great addition to the community
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
21 Posts
rami98 said:
IMOSEYON, you are amazing! I had your kernels on my thunderbolt before i switched it out for the charge and it made my phone last the whole day on 4g easily with heavy use! Any chance there will be extremely undervolted versions of this kernel? But i will be rolling back to froyo to try this because i loved your kernels! Thank you for your great addition to the community
Yes! I would like to know this also!!
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
418 Posts
For some reason I can't overclock 1.4 without it rebooting my phone after a couple of hours. I'm using setcpu by the way and governor interactive. If anyone found a way please share your settings.

Sent from my GummyCHARGED Charge using Tapatalk
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
491 Posts
oc and or under volting are very phone specific....what works on one phone may not work on another...so probably your phone just does not like that high of a setting....
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
46 Posts
This is niiiice. OCed to 1200, with a minor undervolt at interactive. Got an 1880 on quadrant. Running very smooth and stable. Testing battery life now.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
5 Posts
Amazing kernel !!!, though i had to come here and say that a problem has been found as pointed out to me by pjetrovic at xda and found out personally by myself, The Hdmi mirroring feature is broken, i quickly reinstalled pbjt kernel and restored functionality on GummyCharged 2.0 is this a feature that can be had back, hopefully at no cost to any performance of the kernel ? Ihope to hear if this can be done, and cant wait to donate for a fix on your kernel.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"dabomb420 said:
Amazing kernel !!!, though i had to come here and say that a problem has been found as pointed out to me by pjetrovic at xda and found out personally by myself, The Hdmi mirroring feature is broken, i quickly reinstalled pbjt kernel and restored functionality on GummyCharged 2.0 is this a feature that can be had back, hopefully at no cost to any performance of the kernel ? Ihope to hear if this can be done, and cant wait to donate for a fix on your kernel.
Hmm any chance you can find me on Twitter? You can help me test a new build. Thx!
 

·
H.M.F.I.C.
Joined
·
289 Posts
imoseyon said:
Hmm any chance you can find me on Twitter? You can help me test a new build. Thx!
I'm currently following you on Twitter and I'm also having the HDMI mirroring feature.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
334 Posts
Posting again today to show my great battery life wasn't a one day fluke, 12hrs 30min at 20% remaining. Using it for playing music with power amp some, browsing, round the clock push gmail and exchange corporate mail, etch...
 
1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Top