Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
This is a minimalistic Charge kernel based on the stock samsung source.

DOWNLOADS:
Click here

FEATURES
  • Stripped down of unnecessary components. Lean!
  • multiple components were backported from Linux v3 (see below).
  • latest voodoo lagfix, sound, etc.
  • heavily modified,optimized governors: interactive, smartass, ondemand
  • overclocked to 1.4Ghz (overclock code heavily optimized by me)
  • voltage scaling via setcpu, voltage control, etc. for all governors (voltage scaling code heavily optimized by me)
  • memory, fs tweaks via initramfs
  • supports custom boot animations
  • notable Linux v3.x backports: tinyrcu, ondemand governor
  • TUN support (as a module)
  • a few other mods and optimizations i forgot to mention

CHANGELOG
  • v1.0.0 - initial release (same as 0.13.6 which was included in gummy 2.0)
  • v1.1.0 - hdmi mirror support, TUN support (as a module)
  • v1.2.0 - updated memory cache/buffers tweaks to reflect charge memory capacity
  • v1.2.1 - renabled 100mhz for smartass governor
  • v1.2.2 - build fixes from aerovan, minfree tweaked for charge memory capacity, kerne version can now be found on /kernel_version

Source: https://github.com/imoseyon/leanKernel-droid-charge-froyo/tree/oc

Thanks to imnuts, supercurio, and a few other folks i may have inadvertently kanged from.

Donate to your favorite charity or donate to me.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"dabomb420 said:
Amazing kernel !!!, though i had to come here and say that a problem has been found as pointed out to me by pjetrovic at xda and found out personally by myself, The Hdmi mirroring feature is broken, i quickly reinstalled pbjt kernel and restored functionality on GummyCharged 2.0 is this a feature that can be had back, hopefully at no cost to any performance of the kernel ? Ihope to hear if this can be done, and cant wait to donate for a fix on your kernel.
Hmm any chance you can find me on Twitter? You can help me test a new build. Thx!

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
small update on OP!

ddemlong, that feels vaguely familiar - I will take a look. I think i know why it may not go below 200 but it should enter deep sleep.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
ddemlong said:
Ive been checking it with CPU spy and havent seen it. How long does it take to enter deep sleep on smart ass? Is it different than the other settings?

Oh btw, running gummy 2.0 with your 13.6 kernel

Update

OK, left it sit and it did finally go into deep sleep, dunno why it wasn't b4 but what ev, :erm (1): Anyways still wont enter 100mhz
Yup it won't go into deep sleep if you're connected via usb either. I should have a fix for the 100mhz soon...

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
ercDROID said:
Sorry for asking this again but it never got answered before. Will this be able to use speedtweak in the future?
On the samsung phones, you don't need the speedtweak script anymore. Governor, voltage, speed can all be controlled via setcpu or Voltage Control.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
tuckmobile said:
Hi imoseyon. Thanks for your great work on the kernel.

I am wondering what causes the difference in the colors in this kernel. I am assuming it is a way of conserving power, but any info would be interesting.
You're seeing color differences? How?

stranula said:
Yea, wiped everything including battery stat. The change when I went back to imnuts kernel was immediate, that was with another cache, dalvik, and battery stats wipe.
Check what governor you're using. Also keep in mind this is an overclocked kernel so check the speed settings too.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Its a personal preference thing. I prefer ondemand because i can notice performance difference between ondemand and conservative.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts