Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
Ive been checking it with CPU spy and havent seen it. How long does it take to enter deep sleep on smart ass? Is it different than the other settings?

Oh btw, running gummy 2.0 with your 13.6 kernel

Update

OK, left it sit and it did finally go into deep sleep, dunno why it wasn't b4 but what ev, :erm (1): Anyways still wont enter 100mhz

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
ddemlong said:
Ive been checking it with CPU spy and havent seen it. How long does it take to enter deep sleep on smart ass? Is it different than the other settings?

Oh btw, running gummy 2.0 with your 13.6 kernel

Update

OK, left it sit and it did finally go into deep sleep, dunno why it wasn't b4 but what ev, :erm (1): Anyways still wont enter 100mhz
Yup it won't go into deep sleep if you're connected via usb either. I should have a fix for the 100mhz soon...

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
imoseyon said:
Yup it won't go into deep sleep if you're connected via usb either. I should have a fix for the 100mhz soon...
Awesome thanks! Ill def be on the lookout. What is the max mhz settings for smartass when the screen is off? Just curious. Thanks again for the hard work.

·
Average Android
301 Posts
Not sure if I got a bad download or what but installing latest kernel put me into a boot loop. I cleared cache and dalvik before flashing so can't think of anything I did that would have caused this. I even removed voltage boot settings before going into CWR. Is there some step I missed here?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
"SOTK said:
Not sure if I got a bad download or what but installing latest kernel put me into a boot loop. I cleared cache and dalvik before flashing so can't think of anything I did that would have caused this. I even removed voltage boot settings before going into CWR. Is there some step I missed here?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
Nope you did everything spot on, more than I did even, you must've just got a bad download.

·
Average Android
334 Posts
Flashed 1.2 this morning before leaving for work, todays battery usage, 11hrs 3min with 24% remaining. Not too shabby! I have been posting these to trend the battery usage because so many times people report either crazy high or crazy low usage right after flashing....or they see battery usage get better or worse over time.

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
neyenlives said:
Flashed 1.2 this morning before leaving for work, todays battery usage, 11hrs 3min with 24% remaining. Not too shabby! I have been posting these to trend the battery usage because so many times people report either crazy high or crazy low usage right after flashing....or they see battery usage get better or worse over time.
Not trying to be negative towards you or anything, but it does help more if you were to post what you're running or your usages with the phone rather than just percentages and time used alone. Light usage for one could mean leaving data off or leaving data on for another, for example. Someone could be getting better usage on their phone because they use practically nothing or almost never use their phone compared to someone who "regularly" uses their phone because they stream youtube all the time.

tl;dr version - best to post much detail as possible instead of just "after X hours I'm only at Y%!"

Sorry if it seems a bit aggressive but it just irritates me too much when someone posts how long they've been using their phone without any backup as to why it could be.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
ercDROID said:
Sorry for asking this again but it never got answered before. Will this be able to use speedtweak in the future?
On the samsung phones, you don't need the speedtweak script anymore. Governor, voltage, speed can all be controlled via setcpu or Voltage Control.

·
Average Android
334 Posts
hiien said:
Not trying to be negative towards you or anything, but it does help more if you were to post what you're running or your usages with the phone rather than just percentages and time used alone. Light usage for one could mean leaving data off or leaving data on for another, for example. Someone could be getting better usage on their phone because they use practically nothing or almost never use their phone compared to someone who "regularly" uses their phone because they stream youtube all the time.
tl;dr version - best to post much detail as possible instead of just "after X hours I'm only at Y%!"

Sorry if it seems a bit aggressive but it just irritates me too much when someone posts how long they've been using their phone without any backup as to why it could be.
I did at one time and felt it was redundant to continue to post my usage habits. I have two push mail clients configured for auto notify, corporate exchange and gmail. I have several websites I visit several times a day to stay on top of tech news. I use it as an mp3 player with PowerAmp most days for at least an hour or two. Several texts a day, maybe two calls a day. I keep it on Wifi while at work, school and home and leave it on 4g auto otherwise. I live in a very strong 4-5 bar 4g lte area so not much signal hunting. I use the EP1Q radio, this kernel of course and GC2.0 rom. I use SetCPU with ondemand and set all stock frequencies to -50mV, no overclocking. Its been made clear the kernel does not go into deep sleep yet either....or the 100Mhz slot. My screen is set to 2 minutes time-out and on auto bright. I use it quite a lot. The point being I get decent battery life even though I use it regularly. I hate to see people saying they got 3 days by not using it at all and in airplane mode who cannot understand those who actually use their devices who need a charge every 10-12 hours.

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
+1 on that im a moderate user using my email and browset alot. the other day at 12 hours I had 30 % left. 4g, wifi and sync on. screen at 33%... forgot im overclocked at 1.2.

·
Average Android
207 Posts
"hiien said:

+1 I had said something to that effect on XDA, and substantiated my usage habits with some screen caps. I flashed the 1.2 kernel this morning, so here's where I'm at now. A little over 12 hours now, and at 21% (screen cap taken a few minutes ago @23%). I had data turned off for about the first 4 hours, then streamed Pandora for about 4.5 (on 3g). I was rather surprised with and generally pleased by the performance.

GC FE 2.0; imoseyon leanKernel 1.2 voodoo w/ lagfix; EP1Q radio

You can't say I didn't try. :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using RootzWiki Forums

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
99 Posts
If I downloaded gummy 2.0 on the release night should I flash this kernel over the original one that came with gummy? pros/cons ...not worth it?

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
jewofa said:
If I downloaded gummy 2.0 on the release night should I flash this kernel over the original one that came with gummy? pros/cons ...not worth it?
u don't have too. he did make small changes other than to just hdmi tho according to the OP.

·
Average Android
334 Posts
Ok I'm getting really laggy performance that comes and goes every few seconds and I can't post a logcat because something caused it to stop logging. Going back to 1.2 before the smartass fix, it was fine then. Only got this when I flashed to 1.2.1

**I can confirm performance is back to normal and logcat functionality is back to normal after flashing 1.2

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
oh dant didn't even notice a fix for smartass when I was the one wwho brought it up. lol. thanks imoseyon. isntalling now.

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
neyenlives said:
I did at one time and felt it was redundant to continue to post my usage habits. I have two push mail clients configured for auto notify, corporate exchange and gmail. I have several websites I visit several times a day to stay on top of tech news. I use it as an mp3 player with PowerAmp most days for at least an hour or two. Several texts a day, maybe two calls a day. I keep it on Wifi while at work, school and home and leave it on 4g auto otherwise. I live in a very strong 4-5 bar 4g lte area so not much signal hunting. I use the EP1Q radio, this kernel of course and GC2.0 rom. I use SetCPU with ondemand and set all stock frequencies to -50mV, no overclocking. Its been made clear the kernel does not go into deep sleep yet either....or the 100Mhz slot. My screen is set to 2 minutes time-out and on auto bright. I use it quite a lot. The point being I get decent battery life even though I use it regularly. I hate to see people saying they got 3 days by not using it at all and in airplane mode who cannot understand those who actually use their devices who need a charge every 10-12 hours.
aaronDroid80 said:
+1 I had said something to that effect on XDA, and substantiated my usage habits with some screen caps. I flashed the 1.2 kernel this morning, so here's where I'm at now. A little over 12 hours now, and at 21% (screen cap taken a few minutes ago @23%). I had data turned off for about the first 4 hours, then streamed Pandora for about 4.5 (on 3g). I was rather surprised with and generally pleased by the performance.

GC FE 2.0; imoseyon leanKernel 1.2 voodoo w/ lagfix; EP1Q radio

You can't say I didn't try. :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using RootzWiki Forums
Thanks guys, I can understand it can get quite annoying reexplaining all the time, but trust me it does help when posting details =)

I'm still trying to get good battery life without sacrificing too much on my phone. I'd like to be able to use my phone to its best extent without turning everything but the actual phone itself off. That said, my usages are pretty much the same as yours, more or less. The most usage on my phone comes out of streaming Pandora/Gmusic off the cloud. I get the best battery life when at work and home since I get switched to wifi, so the drain is decreased considerably to around 2-3%/hr with wifi. Contrary to popular belief, I actually like auto syncing on my phone so I have it set to 30 minute intervals for TweetDeck and 1 hour intervals for Facebook. I may end up increasing the intervals for TweetDeck to 1 hour as well, though I only sync mentions, not all tweets. Other apps I use once in awhile are Yelp, Starbucks, Soundcloud, Youtube, and Fruit Ninja (all 1-2 times a day max).

I love the screen, so I want to keep auto brightness on. I understand that the screen draws the most power, followed by the radio, though I can't bring myself to turn on the Screen Filter. However, since battery drain is still ridiculous when both the LTE and screen are in effect, I'm considering switching my phone to CDMA mode when I'm away from wifi or a power source for an extended amount of time, to see if it makes a huge difference. When on LTE without wifi, and with said usages mentioned above, my drain increases to around 9%/hr.

My clock, kernel, ROM, voltage, and clocking settings are in my signature below. I'm also in the process of trying to determine the most efficient UV/OC settings, though I'm sure everyone is to some extent.

·
Average Android
418 Posts
Imoseyon don't know what you did on your kernel 2.0 that's different from 1.0 but thank you lol. I can now overclock at 1400 without it rebooting every hour. It still reboots occasionally throughout the day but definitely not as much. Again thank you! :) I love overclocking at 1400 so appreciate it.

Sent from my GummyCHARGED Charge using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
334 Posts
As previously mentioned I went back to 1.2.0 and todays battery life was 12 hrs with 10% remaining.

41 - 60 of 126 Posts