Android OS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Hacker Wannabe
595 Posts
h0twh3els said:
where do i go to see the overclocking, undervolt, etc? thanks again for your help.

Chris
Download the app Voltage Control from the Market. The free version is all you need.

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
TopJimmy2 said:
Stupid Question #1: Sorry for such a n00b question but the change log shows the latest as v1.2.1. How does that translate to what the phone shows as it's kernel? Mine shows 2.6.32.9 ([email protected] #137)
That should be the most recent update, so you're fine. The changelog versions don't run in parallel with the versions shown in the phone's kernel information.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Rooting the charge is much different than my Eris ...lots of different things . So please excuse me for asking this totally absurd question ...I did read the entire thread and didn't find the answer..Please don't shoot me >>>Where are the settings in this Kernel? How do I know the lagfix has been applied across the file system? I applied this over the stock EE4. As I am not quite ready to install a custom and or leak Rom

Thanks

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
gemro311 said:
Rooting the charge is much different than my Eris ...lots of different things . So please excuse me for asking this totally absurd question ...I did read the entire thread and didn't find the answer..Please don't shoot me >>>Where are the settings in this Kernel? How do I know the lagfix has been applied across the file system? I applied this over the stock EE4. As I am not quite ready to install a custom and or leak Rom

Thanks
If you open up a terminal you can type "mount" and the system, cache, dbdata, and data (you'll need to scroll up) should all have ext4 next to them (otherwise it will be rfs). If it says ext4, you should have lagfix enabled.

·
Android Beginner
28 Posts
Hi imoseyon. Thanks for your great work on the kernel.

I am wondering what causes the difference in the colors in this kernel. I am assuming it is a way of conserving power, but any info would be interesting.

·
Average Android
114 Posts
For some reason since changing to gummy 2.0 with imoseyon's kernel my battery life tanked. I updated to the newest versions as they came and still getting about 8-10% battery decrease per hour with absolutely no use, and 1% every few minutes with use. I went ahead and completely started over again last night, cleared all data, odin back to stock ee4 and worked my way to gummy 2.0 with latest imoseyon kernel and no change. This was with no overclocking and undervolting at 100 for each level. Went back to imnuts uv kernel, and back to 3-5% per hour with light use in a low/no signal area with wifi on and wireless radio disabled. I wish I could've figured out what the issue was, but for now I'm back to imnut's kernel.

·
Registered
259 Posts
"stranula said:
For some reason since changing to gummy 2.0 with imoseyon's kernel my battery life tanked. I updated to the newest versions as they came and still getting about 8-10% battery decrease per hour with absolutely no use, and 1% every few minutes with use. I went ahead and completely started over again last night, cleared all data, odin back to stock ee4 and worked my way to gummy 2.0 with latest imoseyon kernel and no change. This was with no overclocking and undervolting at 100 for each level. Went back to imnuts uv kernel, and back to 3-5% per hour with light use in a low/no signal area with wifi on and wireless radio disabled. I wish I could've figured out what the issue was, but for now I'm back to imnut's kernel.
Sounds like it's time for a Battery Stat Wipe. When you say you wiped all data, did you wipe batt stats when you came to imoseyon's kernel?

·
Android Apprentice
41 Posts
I just cleared stats, cache and re-calibrated my battery today and I'm still seeing ~5% per hour with 0 use. This is substantially more than I was seeing with imnuts' kernel & GC 1.9. I'm going to give it another day or two, but I am thinking it may be time to revert to the latest imnuts kernel.

·
Average Android
114 Posts
Xerrus said:
Sounds like it's time for a Battery Stat Wipe. When you say you wiped all data, did you wipe batt stats when you came to imoseyon's kernel?
Yea, wiped everything including battery stat. The change when I went back to imnuts kernel was immediate, that was with another cache, dalvik, and battery stats wipe.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
tuckmobile said:
Hi imoseyon. Thanks for your great work on the kernel.

I am wondering what causes the difference in the colors in this kernel. I am assuming it is a way of conserving power, but any info would be interesting.
You're seeing color differences? How?

stranula said:
Yea, wiped everything including battery stat. The change when I went back to imnuts kernel was immediate, that was with another cache, dalvik, and battery stats wipe.
Check what governor you're using. Also keep in mind this is an overclocked kernel so check the speed settings too.

·
Average Android
114 Posts
imoseyon said:
Check what governor you're using. Also keep in mind this is an overclocked kernel so check the speed settings too.
Have it set on conservative, and I only have 100-1000 enabled and all undervolted. The rest disabled.

·
Android Beginner
28 Posts
"imoseyon said:
You're seeing color differences? How?
Hi imoseyon. Thanks for your reply. I have been on humble 1.51 and when i switched from imnut's kernel to yours the colors were less vibrant, a little washed out. It was subtle but noticeable. I've seen other people mention it ...

But recently I switched to Gummy2.0 (for other reasons) and it is no longer an issue. I can't tell if it was related to the ROM or because I did a full wipe, but either way it is clearly not an issue for me anymore.

Thanks for responding to me, and for making a great kernel that improves our phone.

·
H.M.F.I.C.
289 Posts
imoseyon - Do you have any recommendations on which settings work best for your kernel? Or is it an individual phone kinda thing? ie: I'm running GummyCharged FE 2.0. Is there a preference between governor settings, like conservative vs. on demand?

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Its a personal preference thing. I prefer ondemand because i can notice performance difference between ondemand and conservative.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts