Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Based off of the base Samsung GT-I7510 Source.

Works with Stock 3.1 and the OLDER TW UX Roms...

DOES NOT WORK WITH THE OTA TW UPDATE! Use the stock kernel or Pershoots. I am working on a new kernel but its taken a back seat to real life things..

I am not at all responsible for what you do to your tab by installing and using this.
You must have ROOT! Also clearing cache and dalvik cache I've found does wonders after flashing.. #justsayin

07/28/2011
Added 1.504ghz for more stability
Changed voltages for stability
Fixed SETCPU Bug
Fixed Voodoo sound.. my bad..
Max GHz is automatically set to 1.2GHz to avoid stability issues. You can set them in SetCPU to whatever you like.

07/27/2011
Rebased off of pershoots but with my modifications... more to come..
360 controller should work..
Reports are good with the UX TW ROMS...
Removed GPU overclocking until I can see if it is actually helping..
Fixed charging and PC mounting issue..
Runs a lot smoother with the Ubuntu port so far :) :) :)

07/22/2011 Update
Included all of my modules in init.rc which means all the modules autostart and no need to use terminal to start by hand.
Fixed some install script issues.

Old update:
Project Voodoo's Voodoo sound v10 thanks to supercurio (download voodoo control app from market)
CIFS/NTFS
We now haz 1.6ghz OC! :_con: :gasp:
Compiled and included the XBox 360 controller module... Haven't tested due to no USB Dongle yet..
Lowmemory killer tweaks
Use the Latest SETCPU to change Voltages and Overclocking. It now supports full voltage control.. Im currently on 2.2.4. Available HERE.
Updated to the .4 patch.. mutch smoother..

Todo:
Suggestions??

Special thanks to:
Khasmek for dealing with my ranting...
Xoomdev also for dealing with my ranting...
R2doesinc also for dealing with my ranting..
Birdman for his words of wisdom...
Drod2169 for helping me debug voltage control
Captainkrtek for dealing with my ranting also...
To all of my testers.. couldn't do it without you.

If you would like to donate for my work and to the OMFGB/OMGB build box which I own and run click HERE

Forgot to post my githib link.... I apologize...

Http://www.githib.com/poitee

DO NOT FLASH with rom manager.. Reported issues.

Checksum 657f84fa05b71cee4740879a98933fba
DOWNLOAD

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
this makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. my poitee is finally growing up :)

·
U.S. MARINE SEMPER FI
178 Posts
I wished we could get a good one like this for the 7 inch wifi sam tab

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nutpn said:
I wished we could get a good one like this for the 7 inch wifi sam tab
Im pretty sure it has a different CPU than the Regular SGT 7's.... I've heard that request more than once.. sorry man..

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
poitee said:
Im pretty sure it has a different CPU than the Regular SGT 7's.... I've heard that request more than once.. sorry man..
Indeed it does. The GT 7 has a 1GHz, Cortex A8 Hummingbird (basically the same chip in the GS series). GT01. is dual-core Tegra 2.

And I had a quick question as to whether or not this would work on the Bonsai Rom?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kujayhawks77 said:
Indeed it does. The GT 7 has a 1GHz, Cortex A8 Hummingbird (basically the same chip in the GS series). GT01. is dual-core Tegra 2.

And I had a quick question as to whether or not this would work on the Bonsai Rom?
I was referring to the difference in the 7" galaxy tabs.. I believe the Wifi only 7" has a 800mhz processor and the Carrier versions have a 1ghz...

and Im pretty sure it will work with bonsai let us know if it does :)

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
This kernel seems to have the same issue as pershoot's with regards to controllers (using the Samsung USB adapter). Basically, even with xpad.ko and ff-memless.ko inserted into the kernel, the XBox 360 controller is not recognized (Unknown USB device) and direct input controllers are recognized but not set up as an input device (or input event). I've already posted about this for pershoot's kernel and he said he is looking into it, but like you, he does not have a USB adapter.

If someone does have the adapter and a controller, I'd appreciate it if they can test it out to make sure I'm not doing something stupid.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"mazlo said:
This kernel seems to have the same issue as pershoot's with regards to controllers (using the Samsung USB adapter). Basically, even with xpad.ko and ff-memless.ko inserted into the kernel, the XBox 360 controller is not recognized (Unknown USB device) and direct input controllers are recognized but not set up as an input device (or input event). I've already posted about this for pershoot's kernel and he said he is looking into it, but like you, he does not have a USB adapter.

If someone does have the adapter and a controller, I'd appreciate it if they can test it out to make sure I'm not doing something stupid.
Ill look into it I think I saw a fix for that. I don't have a usb dongle yet so I have no way to test.

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
Just got a tab today, and it's one with the "locked" bootloader. I understand that it can be rooted, but can I flash this kernel on it after that?

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PatHoge said:
Just got a tab today, and it's one with the "locked" bootloader. I understand that it can be rooted, but can I flash this kernel on it after that?

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums
I believe so.

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
Okay, I'll report back. Just rooted it so I'll cross my fingers! Question: I am noticing a fair amount of lag, especially when typing in the browser. Does overclocking fix that issue or is it still prevalent?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PatHoge said:
Okay, I'll report back. Just rooted it so I'll cross my fingers! Question: I am noticing a fair amount of lag, especially when typing in the browser. Does overclocking fix that issue or is it still prevalent?
It helps but it seems to be a HC 3.1 thing.. seems as if its been fixed in 3.2...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts