Android OS Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Hello

I have a little problem. I flashed the kernel and now i can`t boot any more. I can only see the samsung logo, hear the boot sound and thats it. When i try to restor a backup with clockworkmod Recovery, i get the massage :
Checking MD5 sums...
MD5 mismatch!
I know that the latest posts handle with the same topic but i don`t know what to do...
PLEASE HELP me!!

·
Android Beginner
35 Posts
dubbeld00 said:
It doesn't work with the TW UX 7/27 (HMJ37.UEKM7) ROM, but it works with the older one, the one which I used (well I guess).

"Works with Stock 3.1 and the OLDER TW UX Roms..." Quote from the startpost, so yes I did read, but I thought it did work with the older Touchwiz UX (14th of july) version, since everyone is experiencing problems with the newer HMJ37.UEKM7 ROM.

But it really did brick my device, I can only enter NVFlash mode, but I really cannot boot my device, I tried every way to get it booted, with every combination of buttons, but it won't start my device. And this happened since this kernel crashed my device :(.
Anyone try this will the XXKFC Euro TW release?

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
dubbeld00 said:
It doesn't work with the TW UX 7/27 (HMJ37.UEKM7) ROM, but it works with the older one, the one which I used (well I guess).

"Works with Stock 3.1 and the OLDER TW UX Roms..." Quote from the startpost, so yes I did read, but I thought it did work with the older Touchwiz UX (14th of july) version, since everyone is experiencing problems with the newer HMJ37.UEKM7 ROM.

But it really did brick my device, I can only enter NVFlash mode, but I really cannot boot my device, I tried every way to get it booted, with every combination of buttons, but it won't start my device. And this happened since this kernel crashed my device :(.
I just had the same thing happen last night.. I installed this KERNEL on the OTA ROM and it totally bricked my device as well..

I get nothing but nvflash and cannot load the bootrom at all, so I'm totally dead in the water.

At this point, I'm happy to exchange it but i don't want my personal data being read off the unit.

I tried using nvflash to wipe and I cant do it because BL wont load.

You should tell folks in large BOLD letters not to flash this on OTA ROMS.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
scmguru said:
I just had the same thing happen last night.. I installed this KERNEL on the OTA ROM and it totally bricked my device as well..

I get nothing but nvflash and cannot load the bootrom at all, so I'm totally dead in the water.

At this point, I'm happy to exchange it but i don't want my personal data being read off the unit.

I tried using nvflash to wipe and I cant do it because BL wont load.

You should tell folks in large BOLD letters not to flash this on OTA ROMS.
Hold your power button down for 15-20 seconds.. then go into CWM and reflash your rom... it does state IT DOES NOT WORK WITH NEWER TW ROMS.... TW version coming soon.. I have it booting just wifi issues right now...

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
poitee said:
Hold your power button down for 15-20 seconds.. then go into CWM and reflash your rom... it does state IT DOES NOT WORK WITH NEWER TW ROMS.... TW version coming soon.. I have it booting just wifi issues right now...
Tried it.. I'm stuck in an APX loop..

Bootloader won't go, I've only got nvflash.. My power button has been taped down for the last 24 hours trying to get this thing down to 0 battery so I can try and break this loop.

When I try to execute bootloader via nvflash

C:\nvflash>nvflash --bl fastboot.bin --go
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:
chip name: t20
chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3
chip sku: 0x8
chip uid: 0x038891c541408597
macrovision: disabled
hdcp: enabled
sbk burned: false
dk burned: false
boot device: emmc
operating mode: 3
device config strap: 0
device config fuse: 0
sdram config strap: 0

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000
download command failed NvError 0x120002
command failure: bootloader download failed (bad data)
bootloader status: Bct file not found (code: 21) message: flags: 1073840124

I've got no Odin and no ability to adb.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
scmguru said:
Tried it.. I'm stuck in an APX loop..

Bootloader won't go, I've only got nvflash.. My power button has been taped down for the last 24 hours trying to get this thing down to 0 battery so I can try and break this loop.

When I try to execute bootloader via nvflash

C:\nvflash>nvflash --bl fastboot.bin --go
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:
chip name: t20
chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3
chip sku: 0x8
chip uid: 0x038891c541408597
macrovision: disabled
hdcp: enabled
sbk burned: false
dk burned: false
boot device: emmc
operating mode: 3
device config strap: 0
device config fuse: 0
sdram config strap: 0

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000
download command failed NvError 0x120002
command failure: bootloader download failed (bad data)
bootloader status: Bct file not found (code: 21) message: flags: 1073840124

I've got no Odin and no ability to adb.
Ok.. pm me your email.. I'll sent you a link with another bootloader... Never before have I seen this error and I have put my tab through a lot to test my kernels.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Thanks for the offer.. I finally Got this fixed.. I had to drain the battery down to 0, which stopped the boot loop.

It took over 4 days for the battery to go down to 0 and I had the unit in a keyboard dock, with USB adapter attached to it and a flash drive w/ a bright LED in the USB adapter.

Once the boot loop stopped, I plugged it in and the battery screen came on for the 1st time in a week.. Initially, I made the mistake of just starting up the tablet which threw me right back into the APX bootloop.

I had to drain the tablet again for about an hour and then when I plugged the tab back in, I immediately fired it up with both the Power and left volume (closest to power) selected.. This got me into the recovery screen where I selected CW and flashed a recovery w/o a customized Kernel.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
scmguru said:
Thanks for the offer.. I finally Got this fixed.. I had to drain the battery down to 0, which stopped the boot loop.

It took over 4 days for the battery to go down to 0 and I had the unit in a keyboard dock, with USB adapter attached to it and a flash drive w/ a bright LED in the USB adapter.

Once the boot loop stopped, I plugged it in and the battery screen came on for the 1st time in a week.. Initially, I made the mistake of just starting up the tablet which threw me right back into the APX bootloop.

I had to drain the tablet again for about an hour and then when I plugged the tab back in, I immediately fired it up with both the Power and left volume (closest to power) selected.. This got me into the recovery screen where I selected CW and flashed a recovery w/o a customized Kernel.
I would love to reporduce this error so I could figure it out. Seems to be happening with stock kernels too. Are you on a Wifi retail tab or I/O tab?

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
I have been getting random reboots since installing this kernel. I don't OC it past 1.4 Ghz, but now I've been keeping it at 1.2 max and it seems more stable. Maybe I got a dud.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.