Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Developer
54 Posts
These are modded stock kernel from all gingerbread leak. I didn't change anything to these kernel, they are pure stock but did added few mods to it.

Things I added:

- CWM Recovery (Voodoo Red).
- Voodoo lagfix (it will convert /system, /data, and /cache partition to ext4 during first boot)
- Auto root (kernel will automatically root your GB ROM if its not rooted and install superuser.apk)

Installation procedure for RAW LEAK version:
- Install kernel using ODIN version, phone will reboot automatically.
- Go to recovery (adb reboot recovery).
- Disable voodoo
- Reboot
- Install busybox from market
- Go to recovery (adb reboot recovery)
- Enable voodoo
- Reboot

ODIN version:
stock+Voodoo-T959VKG4.tar
stock+Voodoo-T959VKG6.tar
stock+Voodoo-T959VKH2.tar
stock+Voodoo-T959VKI1.tar
stock+Voodoo-T959VKI3.tar
stock+Voodoo-T959VKJ1.tar

CWM Flashable:
stock+Voodoo-T959VKG4-unsigned-update.zip
stock+Voodoo-T959VKG6-unsigned-update.zip
stock+Voodoo-T959VKH2-unsigned-update.zip
stock+Voodoo-T959VKI1-unsigned-update.zip
stock+Voodoo-T959VKI3-unsigned-update.zip
stock+Voodoo-T959VKJ1-unsigned-update.zip

·
Student
60 Posts
So assuming that it works it actually gives gingerbread Clockwork Recovery? Only reason im not trying gingerbread is there is no recovery support that I know of yet!! Awesome. Can anyone confirm it works?

·
Developer
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Link updated with good tar file .. apparently ODIN couldn't open tar file created on Mac .. heh

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Drhonk, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all the hard and time consuming work you do for our phone. Your Skills are Greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Thanks drhonk!!!!!!!!!!! Been waiting for this! Only thing keeping me from GB till now but GB here i come!! Can't wait till CM7 !

·
Average Android
61 Posts
"spinnakernut said:
Drhonk, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all the hard and time consuming work you do for our phone. Your Skills are Greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using RootzWiki Forums
+1

Thank you for your hard work!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4g running ICBINB ROM using RootzWiki Forums free

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
First I would like to thank you, drhonk, for all your work on the SGS4G phone.

Second, (propbably a noob question) I would like to flash this ROM but I am not sure which bootloaders I am running. How do I find this out?

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Just so you folks know this kernel flashed fine for me over kg6 and cwm is working. the only issue's ive encountered are when trying to mount and unmount system I receive an error about how it cant unmount system also same issue when trying to do a full restore. Last issue is lagfix will not convert to ext4 Linda tells me there is not enough space on my sdcard but I just formatted it for the occasion. Still want to give my thanks to you drhonk we all appreciate your time and hard work. GB is great

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
I tried to flash this via odin (in PDA right?) I got it to flash correctly and the phone booted, but 5 secs later at home screen it reboots, forever. Is this normal until I follow the rest of the steps? (I currently don't have adb so I can't go into recovery to try it). I thought I could get simple root by just flashing the kernel, don't care much about voodoo ext4 or w/e.

ROM: KG6 leak by krylon

I went back to stock kg6 until I can figure this out. Thanks

·
Android Apprentice
12 Posts
mikesoft said:
I tried to flash this via odin (in PDA right?) I got it to flash correctly and the phone booted, but 5 secs later at home screen it reboots, forever. Is this normal until I follow the rest of the steps? (I currently don't have adb so I can't go into recovery to try it). I thought I could get simple root by just flashing the kernel, don't care much about voodoo ext4 or w/e.

ROM: KG6 leak by krylon

I went back to stock kg6 until I can figure this out. Thanks
You should be able to get root and ext4 by just flashing the kernel. Are you sure that you turned off lagfix on your first reboot with the kernel? From what I'm reading, you're supposed to (1)flash the kernel, (2)turn off Voodoo lagfix, (3)boot up, (4)install BusyBox, (5)CWM recovery, and (6)enable Voodoo lagfix conversion. However, I don't think you HAVE to enable Voodoo through CWM. I think you can also do that through the Voodoo app.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
OK thanks. I tried again, and I think its working now.

I was able to boot into recovery this time, it wasn't working before so I disabled voodoo after flashing the kernel. Rebooted, installed busybox from market (OP should be more explicit about this procedure btw) and rebooted into recovery again to turn on voodoo. So I did, rebooted and lynda said it was about to convert the partitions.. w/e ok. Those were the longest 2 minutes ever. Actually it lasted for about 4 minutes, but at the end, it was successful ( or was it?). Anyway, root it working now!

My last concern...... would this kg4 kernel be 100% compatible with kg6 rom? so far so good.. but I'm asking just to be on the right side on the road.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
"mikesoft said:
OK thanks. I tried again, and I think its working now.

I was able to boot into recovery this time, it wasn't working before so I disabled voodoo after flashing the kernel. Rebooted, installed busybox from market (OP should be more explicit about this procedure btw) and rebooted into recovery again to turn on voodoo. So I did, rebooted and lynda said it was about to convert the partitions.. w/e ok. Those were the longest 2 minutes ever. Actually it lasted for about 4 minutes, but at the end, it was successful ( or was it?). Anyway, root it working now!

My last concern...... would this kg4 kernel be 100% compatible with kg6 rom? so far so good.. but I'm asking just to be on the right side on the road.
Yes you can use the modded kg4 kernel with kg6.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Followed steps that were given, but linda is telling me not enough room on sd card..will remove apps and try again. Thanks & Great Work!

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
"D4ddy20 said:
Followed steps that were given, but linda is telling me not enough room on sd card..will remove apps and try again. Thanks & Great Work!
Same thing happened to me once, I think you forgot to disable voodoo. Also remember to install busybox from market, open it and install it to /system/xbin. Then reboot into recovery, enable voodoo.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
I had voodoo disabled. Actually, What I did to get it to work was went into cwm red recovery, double checked voodoo was disabled, went to advanced and created sd partition, rebooted recovery, enabled all lagfix and rebooted. Working now :)

·
Student
60 Posts
Will there be any bln support and oc/uv support in the future ?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts