Android OS Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1027 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #983 ·
hmm if PGM is a loadable module it's not going to work PERIOD. SELinux requirement for Android 4.3 disables kernel module support completely.

(Technically I think things will probably work ok if re-enabled module support in the kernel but it's hard to tell if that will break other things).

·
Registered
26 Posts
hmm if PGM is a loadable module it's not going to work PERIOD. SELinux requirement for Android 4.3 disables kernel module support completely.

(Technically I think things will probably work ok if re-enabled module support in the kernel but it's hard to tell if that will break other things).
It worked with this built-in Cataclysm kernel...

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Well that's because the kernel has module loading enabled. It's not supposed to be enabled as part of the Android 4.3 SELinux spec. Things may work now but probably won't stay that way as more and more selinux features are being used in the future...

edit: I think there may be an easy solution for this. I will enable kernel module support in future experimental builds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think there may be an easy solution for this. I will enable kernel module support in future experimental builds.
Thank you, it would be great!

·
Registered
21 Posts
my kernel settings are not held on the boot

i have tried Trickster mod and leantweaks (with this i have also tried to set the script throught the init. doctor, but on the reboot the freq. of cpu (and other things) don't remain

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use trickster and sometimes it fails to set the frequencies selected, but it is very, very rare. Usually everything is OK.

·
Android Beginner
35 Posts
my kernel settings are not held on the boot

i have tried Trickster mod and leantweaks (with this i have also tried to set the script throught the init. doctor, but on the reboot the freq. of cpu (and other things) don't remain
Maybe it's the ROM? Which one are you using? I'm on CM10.2 and the settings stay after reboot using either the built in ROM controls, trickster, Franco app, and a script I wrote to avoid apps (which is what I'm currently using).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe it's the ROM? Which one are you using? I'm on CM10.2 and the settings stay after reboot using either the built in ROM controls, trickster, Franco app, and a script I wrote to avoid apps (which is what I'm currently using).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
i have the stock rom by google JWR66V :)

edit: you were talking about "rom controls" , sorry about that but there is a list of script/command in leankernel right? Or are they similar to the leantweaks..maybe they could fix my issue, but it is more a dream xD

·
Android Beginner
35 Posts
i have the stock rom by google JWR66V :)

edit: you were talking about "rom controls" , sorry about that but there is a list of script/command in leankernel right? Or are they similar to the leantweaks..maybe they could fix my issue, but it is more a dream xD
The built in rom controls in cm 10.2 are like trickster. Now, trickster's settings will erase themselves if your phone crashes. It's a safety feature in case your settings are causing you phone to be unstable. There are several guides to write and run a script, but before you make one, you have to be sure your settings will not make your phone unstable. What are the settings that you not staying after reboot?

·
Android Beginner
35 Posts
ehm..the most important (for me) :)

Governor and cpu max freq
For something that basic, you can use the lk.conf file that comes with the kernel. For your convenience, I've attached a copy of that file. Unzip it, open it with a text editor, and follow the instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Android Beginner
35 Posts
thank you a lot, i'll check it :)
I think I found your problem. I tested the lk.conf with the following changes using lk_gnex_jb43_v8.0.1exp1-180: max cpu at 1350000, min cpu 180000, temp control 90000, gpu oc 2. Everything changes on boot except the max frequency. So, don't just look at the max cpu frequency. Check if the other parameters that you alter change and see if they hold up on boot. I've attached the lk.config file that I tested.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think I found your problem. I tested the lk.conf with the following changes using lk_gnex_jb43_v8.0.1exp1-180: max cpu at 1350000, min cpu 180000, temp control 90000, gpu oc 2. Everything changes on boot except the max frequency. So, don't just look at the max cpu frequency. Check if the other parameters that you alter change and see if they hold up on boot. I've attached the lk.config file that I tested.
you are right; that max cpu frequency is the only thing that does not boot correctly, how can i do ?

ps: TunedFish, thank you a lot for your help :)

981 - 1000 of 1027 Posts