Android OS Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1027 Posts

·
Android Beginner
35 Posts
I tried the different 8.0 and 8.01 kernels, and they all boot at 1350 but revert to 1200. I'm not sure what's going on yet, but I will keep you informed, and figure out the simplest work around.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I tried the different 8.0 and 8.01 kernels, and they all boot at 1350 but revert to 1200. I'm not sure what's going on yet, but I will keep you informed, and figure out the simplest work around.
Set desired frequencies via init.d and they'll activate upon boot

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

·
Android Beginner
35 Posts
Set desired frequencies via init.d and they'll activate upon boot

Tried that also. It boots at the set frequency, 1350, but it reverts to 1200 after about 5 seconds (based on CPU Spy).

This is what I'm running:

#!/system/bin/sh

#ZRAM
echo 1 > /sys/block/zram0/reset
echo 71124800 > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon /dev/block/zram0
echo "500,1000,20000,20000,20000,25000" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

#CPU/GPU Tweaks
echo 1350000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo 180000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo 350000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/screen_off_max_freq
echo 2 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc

#Governer
echo 15000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/above_hispeed_delay
echo 45000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/min_sample_time
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boost
echo 80000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse_duration
echo 95 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/go_hispeed_load
echo 700000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/hispeed_freq
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/io_is_busy
echo 45000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/min_sample_time
echo 15000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_rate
echo 85000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_slack

#TempLimit
echo 90000 > /sys/class/misc/tempcontrol/templimit

#ContentAdaptiveBrightness
echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/s6e8aa0/acl_set

#WiFi Performance
echo 1 > /sys/module/bcmdhd/parameters/wifi_pm

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Frequencies resetting after screen off and reboots appear to be a powerhal issue. Not sure how that relates to this kernel seeing as how it comes with a custom ramdisk (and I assume its own power.tuna.so)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why don`t you guys try to use [background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]Frequency Lock in Trickster Mod?[/background]
Screenshot Communication Device Font Software Electronic device

P.S. that`s what I found about non-sticking frequencies:
Q: CPU/GPU frequency doesn't stick?
A: If your frequency settings don't stick, it's because on certain Qualcomm or JB and higher devices, there are certain system services (thermald/mpdecision/project butter) or kernel feature that rewrite frequency settings based on current thermal status and/or touch input. Certain custom kernels for your device should include work around for these issues. Unfortunately, it can't be fixed from app side

Attachments

Reactions: Doc_Samson

·
Android Beginner
35 Posts
Why don`t you guys try to use [background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]Frequency Lock in Trickster Mod?[/background]
View attachment 47066

A: If your frequency settings don't stick, it's because on certain Qualcomm or JB and higher devices, there are certain system services (thermald/mpdecision/project butter) or kernel feature that rewrite frequency settings based on current thermal status and/or touch input. Certain custom kernels for your device should include work around for these issues. Unfortunately, it can't be fixed from app side
Yup, I'm using TricksterMod for gov settings and and a script for 90 the as the temp limit (trickster only goes up to 80).

·
Registered
21 Posts
View attachment 47066

thank you gaich; so it seems that at the moment the leantweaks is not able to do its tweaks properly; the same for the file "lk.conf" if dropped to the /data/local

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm on the latest RasBeanJelly 4.3 (31/08 build) with LeanKernel 8.0.1. I have tricksterMod to change settings, but I mainly use it to force fast charge.

I never had an issue until today: the phone was sitting idle on my desk and I was unable to switch it on with the power on key or by plugging to usb.

I had to remove the battery (during the procedure, the phone was still connected via USB to the PC and a pop up saying "unable to find a driver for OMAP device" appeared). At first the battery charge symbol appeared then I was able to switch the phone on. I immediatey extracted the last_kmsg file: I'm not an expert but I do not see errors (i have the impression that it does not contain any info on the crash). Let me add that I was using the interactivex governor since a few days.

Thanks for your attention,

LionHe

PS. here's the link to the last_kmesg

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=ixcx6B8g

PS2. I've read the FAQ: I should have not reported here because I was using InteractiveX instead of interactive. I think this post can be deleted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
great the update for linaro :)

When will exp2 build be avaible in the stable version ? (So i mean, a stable version with module support for pgm :D )

Anyhow, thanks for the work.

edit:

i am using the last exp2, see my catlog..is it linked to the kernel i think. (sorry for the no-resize of the screen here)

Screenshot_2013-10-01-14-48-04.png

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,014 ·
great the update for linaro :)

When will exp2 build be avaible in the stable version ? (So i mean, a stable version with module support for pgm :D )

Anyhow, thanks for the work.

edit:

i am using the last exp2, see my catlog..is it linked to the kernel i think. (sorry for the no-resize of the screen here)

Screenshot_2013-10-01-14-48-04.png
I can't seem to reproduce this. Did you buy any chance change the governor?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've noticed there are some problem with Android 4.3's video hardware acceleration, some h264 video play-back lags. Does the problem exist in every Android 4.3 ROM by far? Will flash other kernel solve that?

Maybe a little off-topic.. :grin:

by the way, since when the battery status of "awake" stop working? I mean, the graph now is look eerie to me, if it's not broken

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey imoseyon!

I've been using your kernel for a while, from XDA. I had no idea that you were the developer, though!

Just wanted to say, thanks so much for this kernel. :D

Galaxy Nexus, powered by CyanogenMod and LeanKernel.

1001 - 1020 of 1027 Posts