1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
54 Posts
Tapatalk formatting is messed up... please use the web view. Thanks
-

Nyan Kernel Tuna
By Marcusant
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Info
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Source: http://github.com/ma...t/Nyan-Tuna-JB/

Nyan Colonel was originally created for the Epic 4G as an effort to bring all of the features from other Hummingbird devices to the Epic. Now I have used my upgrade on a Galaxy Nexus and have been trying many different kernels and every one seems to have some features and be missing others. I have attempted to add as much features I can while still keeping the kernel lean and fast with great battery life. This does not require you to be some crazy linux enthusiast in order to modify, or charge you for an app capable of tuning it. It comes with the trickstermod app in order to tweak the kernel to your needs in case the preset settings don't fit your user type.

Also, if you feel I have helped, up my rep or even donate
btn_donate_SM.gif

Features
Bold = Default

CPU Governors
PegasusQ - A mix of performance and battery life that hotplugs the cpu at low use
Interactive - Boosts frequency based on load put on by the user. Modified to also boost on touch of the screen.
Ondemand - Basic scale on demand governor with no hotplugging
HotplugX - Ondemand modified to hotplug at low use and screen off
Wheatley - Basically ondemand (scales depending on demand) that is modified for performance
Lazy - Basically conservative (scales gradually depending on load) that is modified for performance

Schedulers
SIO - A mix of NOOP and Deadline made for flash memory, like the GNex has
BFQ - Currently experimental. For heavy IO load
CFQ - Attempts to distribute the disk fairly among processes
Deadline - Imposes a deadline on processes to prevent lack of resources
NOOP - Simplest scheduler. Good for flash memory.

CPU Frequencies (MHz)
230, 384, 729, 1030, 1228, 1305, 1420, 1536, 1612, 1728, 1804

GPU Frequencies (MHz)
Set by running: echo # > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc
echo 0 = 308MHz
echo 1 = 384
echo 2 = 512
If you don't like using command lines, you can edit the gpu_oc file with es file explorer and change it from 0 to 1 or 2

Misc Features
Feature - Default Setting

Max Screen Off - 384000
Read Ahead Buffer Size - 2048
TCP Congestion Control - cubic
Wifi High Performance - off
Fast Charge - off
High Performance Sound - off
Vibrator Strength - 1400
Battery Life Extender - 100
FSYNC Control - off
Temperature Limit - 64
SmartReflex - All options ON
Voltage Control (too much to list, just screenshot before changing)
Gamma Control - -10
Contrast Control - 6
Color Settings - Default preset
Compiled with Linaro's GCC 4.7
Fixes, speed enhancements, security enhancements, Linux updates, and battery enhancements

Credits

Koush - "Any Kernel" on-phone boot.img repack
bigeyes0x0 - his free kernel mod app
Ezekeel - All of his fantastic mods and govs I used in Nyan
FranciscoFranco - Speed tweaks and other patches
Linux Contributers - A ton of patches from newer versions of Linux, etc.
Red Hat Linux Developers - A ton of patches
Imoseyon - Patches, governors, etc
Everyone else who I forgot

Downloads

Latest Version - http://marcusant.com...-Tuna-Rel5.zip
All versions (older/unreleased) - http://marcusant.com/nyankernel/tuna/

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
54 Posts

Changelog
Beta 3
Changed ondemand back to AOSP and added hotplugx standalone​
CM10 color sysfs support​
Tons of fixes with govs and features​
Backported vmalloc​
Speed and battery enhancements​
More minor changes​

Rel5
Improved responsiveness
Improved battery life
Updated net drivers
Fixed interactive lag
Added interactive touch boost
Updated to the latest 3.0.x kernel
Filesystem optimizations
Fixed PGM and other module loading apps
Much more

·
Registered
96 Posts
yai!first!woow man,it seems you have a good starting point with that..all the features i want\need\like and plus many types of possible configurations (for people who like me always used for example only 512 mhz gpu).I have a question..what is exynos whaccawhacca?it is intended to boost something also on omap SoC?what is exactly?for the rest trying it now,very curious!you have a lot of schedulers and the best governors,really like in particluar wheatley(always used on glados) lazy (i had good results on old franco's)and pegasusq (used it on popcorn and air).the only missing that i like is interactiveX from imoseyon.are any chance you will implement this?only asking,no problem if you don't want.last thing..i see you have cubic tcp congestion..hope you inserted also westwood....lately is for me the best,for many people reduce the old bug of data drops,and it seems works very well compared with others.Anyway,thank you very much for yours work,always happy to see new kernels!

EDIT the last version is beta1 like you wrote..or beta2? (i see it's from a day after than beta1 at upload's time)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow, that formatting is messed up on tapatalk lol.

Looks like a great kernel, I will give it a run for a few days.
I like how you have laid everything out on the Original Post too, great to see everything in an organised and informative manner :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
i agree,the layout used catch immediately the eyes for the clean and organized features list.after an hour running this kernel it seems quick,i'm on pegasusQ now because i wanted to see a thing;with others kernel seems this governor works well but my phone gets hot quickly and sometimes after or during low-end operation and low computing power tasks....instead with yours kernel the temperature also if i try it only from an hour,stays on acceptables degrees..good,because i'm happy with this new governor,because is quite elastic,it gave me power when phone need power(games lag-free with this gov and 512gpu)and good battery,some more than what i reached with others good kernels and interactive\ondemand governors.well done marcus,i like this kernel!played some games,looked some battery stats (ok,only an hour of usage..but used a lot the phone to test the kernel..and for now response are good!)and used 10 min gps,10 min wifi\3g and took some video-foto.stand to battery monitor and battery-spy all is regular!
marcus,the bfq sched is the standard,or the v4 version like HERE \HERE\HERE...?

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
54 Posts
yai!first!woow man,it seems you have a good starting point with that..all the features i want\need\like and plus many types of possible configurations (for people who like me always used for example only 512 mhz gpu).I have a question..what is exynos whaccawhacca?it is intended to boost something also on omap SoC?what is exactly?for the rest trying it now,very curious!you have a lot of schedulers and the best governors,really like in particluar wheatley(always used on glados) lazy (i had good results on old franco's)and pegasusq (used it on popcorn and air).the only missing that i like is interactiveX from imoseyon.are any chance you will implement this?only asking,no problem if you don't want.last thing..i see you have cubic tcp congestion..hope you inserted also westwood....lately is for me the best,for many people reduce the old bug of data drops,and it seems works very well compared with others.Anyway,thank you very much for yours work,always happy to see new kernels!

EDIT the last version is beta1 like you wrote..or beta2? (i see it's from a day after than beta1 at upload's time)
Exynos wakkawakka is an inside joke between Darkierawr and I
. Interactive on this kernel is actually interactivex and on demand is hotplugx. I'll also consider Westwood.

Beta2 is a beta of beta2 :) like beta2 beta

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been running this all day. I'm on JB Liquid. It rebooted on me 3 times. Once when I was dialing a call and the other two times while texting. I was previously on Trinity but wiped the Cache's prior to flashing. I typically stay pretty close to stock so nothing crazy. I was clocked at 1030max and 384min.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been running this all day. I'm on JB Liquid. It rebooted on me 3 times. Once when I was dialing a call and the other two times while texting. I was previously on Trinity but wiped the Cache's prior to flashing. I typically stay pretty close to stock so nothing crazy. I was clocked at 1030max and 384min.
None of the testers or I had hany issues with rebooting... Can you try logcat/dmesg... and maybe undervolting caused the reboots.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Updated to Rel5

Improved responsiveness
Improved battery life
Updated net drivers
Fixed interactive lag
Added interactive touch boost
Updated to the latest 3.0.x kernel
Filesystem optimizations
Fixed PGM and other module loading apps
Much more

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.