Android OS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 216 Posts
Do you have a changelog yet? Curious to see what has changed since the last nightly.

Liking the 8/24 nightly so far. That and OMFGB 8/25 nightly are epic win sauce so far. Marked and installed and repped the OP.

loving the kernel. so far has been the smoothest for me out of all the AOSP kernels.

Having issues with governers other than ondemand tho

smartass and interactivex both don't seem to perform as well (~2500
in antutu as opposed to ~3500 with ondemand)
smoothass sticks to 768 at lowest freq but im sure uve heard that a hundred times

Running LTB 2.6 jd nightly 8/24 with the following clocks/voltages, stable on my phone if others want to try em. didn't use vipermod, instead made a sysfs file in etc->init.d manually (basc what vipermod does anyway)

ondemand

368 - 750
768 - 875 (850 causes reboot cycles)
806 - 925
1024 - 975
1113 - 1025
1222 - 1075
1305 - 1125
1408 - 1175

going above a 1408 OC with low voltages at the low end causes major instability, i could go higher if i didnt undervolt the low freqs so much but this seems like a perfect balance between speed and battery.

fixxxer2012 said:
i don't know what it is but when ever i use this kernel i loose my 4g alot more and revert to 1x. i don't have this with kangbang. not dissing the kernel but it seems weird to me.:androidsad:
ive actually been starting to notice 4 g dropping a lot as well

I was having a minor but strange bug using both the sense & aosp kernels, that being when making on screen selections, the audible sound would 50% of the time have a delay, the "click" sound would not occur when selecting items but instead after the item would open...like I said a minor thing that did not affect performance at all..

jdkoreclipse said:
Hmmm kernels don't really control 4g in that way.

Drod has the same lte code that is in this kernel, so its unlikely, but not impossible.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
they must affect data somehow because when i went back to kangbang all was fine again. you may want to look into this.

"fixxxer2012 said:
they must affect data somehow because when i went back to kangbang all was fine again. you may want to look into this.
Was it happening the night before last? When I was using this kernel it was working fine, but the night before last I was stuck on 1x for more than a few hours and so was my gfs thunderbolt that's on a bamf froyo. Didn't have a problem when using this kernel though

Discussion starter · #75 ·
fixxxer2012 said:
They affect 4G, but not the actual signal strength

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.