Android OS Forum banner

[KERNEL] jdkernel Mecha Nightlies (FOR AOSP ROMS) UPDATED 10/14

48K views 215 replies 49 participants last post by  jquest68 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
UPDATED 10/14/11

EDIT 9/2:
Now introducing the new and shiny JDkernel Updater App. You will have to enable updates in order to use the app. Launch the app and press menu>configuration>Kernel Update Settings and check Display All Kernel Updates and Display Experimental Kernels. (Thanks to jf, segi valez, trock79, firefart and cyanogen for the app)

Credits: slayher, cuviper, erasmux, SavagedZen, bbedward, leedroid, nerozehl, Icarus, ck,
imoseyon, damentz, drod, all contributers to Linux, android, and CyanogenMod. Of I forgot to add anyone, just let me know.

This kernel is a lean and minimal kernel for the Thunderbolt. I will try to update it every night.

Features: New Smartassv2 governor, Undervolted, SLUB unqueued allocater, Readahead buffer increased to 4096, Optimized compiler (compiled with neon and cortex flags) , Lagfree Governor, swap support, cpufreq from 3.0 rc7, backported wifi driver from 3.0 , cpuidle code from 3.0 rc6, , vdd leves interface, call recording, wireless charging support, V(R) IoSched, JHash3, backported 3.0 block code , other various tweaks and optimizations.

Source: https://github.com/liquidsmoothroms/htc-kernel-msm7x30

Download: http://mirror.jdkoreclipse.net/kernel/bolt/ (This is only my upload folder. You're going to want to download the newest, which is jdkernel_mecha_nightly_DATE_.zip)

See less See more
#105 ·
jd, love the kernel. only thing is that i notice i drop 3g and 4g more than some other kernels. im on vaca right now and theres no 4g but ive been comparing to tiamats 1.1.2 and tiamat seems to hold 3g better, letting me stream pandora without hiccups etc. i notice the same thing with 4g in nyc. other than that i like cfs and the cpu scaling.

#111 ·
fixxxer2012 said:
had the same here before and stopped using the kernel. id still like to know why it affects the 3g/4g hand offs? i thought the radio handled that?
There are no LTE mods in my kernel as of 9/2 (re-based on 8/28).

#126 ·
"fixxxer2012 said:
there should be no 4g/3g mods in any kernel. it creates too many issues.
I've used Imoseyons for quite some time until now and never had any issues.

"jdkoreclipse said:
The LTE mods are just to enable Lte in low power mode. No big deal. Its been in kernels since June, and its probably in every kernel except tiamat and (for now) jdkernel.
And I noticed my LTE was draining the battery more than usual today, guess that was why lol. Everything else runs great, I especially like the 3.0 ondemand governor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.