Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 148 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
NV30 said:
I hope that new releases will include a version with GPU overclocking. :)
I'm heavy overclocker, and good to know that my phone is totally overclocked :D
Thanks for the great kernel!
Either that or I will do something better ;)
I have thought about adding a complete gpu overclocking system to sysfs. If I got the time for this cosmetic thing, it sure as hell would be a nice thing.
(and it would save me from compiling 20 different versions)

Oh, yeah (salivating slightly), that would work :)
It might allow to find a sweet spot where further overclocking is without gains in a particular game, and using sysfs allows for instant changes (does it not?). We could even make profiles for games :) and downclock when using only standard phone futures.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
mat9v said:
Oh, yeah (salivating slightly), that would work :)
It might allow to find a sweet spot where further overclocking is without gains in a particular game, and using sysfs allows for instant changes (does it not?). We could even make profiles for games :) and downclock when using only standard phone futures.
Exactly my thoughts ;)

Just for parity...

@Show-P, @Faux:
I have tried both yours and the bricked kernel and for me they both work very well. I am disappointed that the two of you cant just appreciate each others work and do some magic together. its obvious that both of you are excellent at what you do. Thanks to both of you for making my Sensation truly superb :)

PS: I have experienced no reboots, slow-downs, heat ups or other snotty side effects..... and when I t ried some 3D games both kernels work lovely

Discussion starter · #25 ·
tinker2000 said:
Just for parity...

@Show-P, @Faux:
I have tried both yours and the bricked kernel and for me they both work very well. I am disappointed that the two of you cant just appreciate each others work and do some magic together. its obvious that both of you are excellent at what you do. Thanks to both of you for making my Sensation truly superb :)

PS: I have experienced no reboots, slow-downs, heat ups or other snotty side effects..... and when I t ried some 3D games both kernels work lovely
I am too very disappointed. I reached out for that. 3 times. 3 times I was stroke in my face for the kindness and for being polite. This will not happen a fourth time.

Seems there was a lot of drama behind (and in front) of the scenes, but I hope you and baad continue to work the magic that you're known for. I've just come over here from XDA, so you know which ROM/Kernel I think is the best. :wink2:

Discussion starter · #34 ·
emm_stra said:
hello
i have this rom http://insertcoin-roms.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5&p=116#p116
and i would like to ask:
is it possible to install the setcpu in this rom?
will it help battery to drain slower?
what are the settings?
This is not a rom, this is a kernel. I recommend not to use any OC apps, but If you want to, use SetCPU/CPUMaster/SystemTuner/etc...
They will all work.

lws803 said:
Hmmm any plans for the new Sense 3.5 custom kernel? :) just asking
I just awoke ;) gimme a minute ;)

Is there some fairly easy way (beside some oc deamon) to set max frequency that the CPU can operate at? I wanted to try running without any oc tools (only undervolt used) but my Sensation gets unstable over 1670Mhz. I suppose I could try compiling kernel from source but even then I would not know what and where to change.... Strangely overclocking GPU part does not create any problems.... must be on some better part of silicon :)

show-p1984 said:
This is not a rom, this is a kernel. I recommend not to use any OC apps, but If you want to, use SetCPU/CPUMaster/SystemTuner/etc...
They will all work.

I just awoke ;) gimme a minute ;)
What are the settings for setcpu for this kernel?
What is the difference between kernel and rom?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #38 ·
emm_stra said:

#1 Autodetect
#2 google ;) (Simple: The kernel is the interface between hardware and rom, or Operating system. The rom puts a nice fancy thing on top of the kernel to simplify things for the user and provides some libraries.)

emm_stra said:

for example

kernel is just like the bios of computer

Rom is just like Operating System , such as Windows , MAC OS ..etc.

21 - 40 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.