Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Professor Professorson
214 Posts
Thanks so much, Imo
Like I mentioned in the older thread, LK is the first custom N7 kernel I've used that hasn't given me any SOD issues. Sure, the alpha only came out 4 or 5 days ago, but that's still longer than I've been able to run other N7 kernels before sleep of death. Can't wait to see how far you take this, just like you've done for my GNex

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Professor Professorson
214 Posts
It seems I also am having some problems overclocking this kernel. I have flashed the 1.5 powerhal and changed the hispeed freq to 1500000 along with the max CPU freq using Trickster. The settings appear to be set as System Tuner Pro also shows max CPU as 1.5. The problem is it never scales up to 1.5 according to System Tuner, Trickster or CPUSpy. Max time on all three apps is 1.3. I have tried this on both CM & AOKP with the same results. IIRC this started with version 1.4 but I can't be certain. Also I must say that even w/o OC capabilities, I still find myself coming back to this kernel.
I'm in the same boat. I used to be able to overclock LK on my N7, but not any more.

I just did a completely fresh install of AOKP JB-MR1-4 but cannot get LK v1.5 to OC. I've tried flashing the 1.5 powerhal as well as the nofreq powerhal, but the kernel never scales past 1.3ghz with either. I've tried setting max speed through the ROM's performance control, I've tried setting via Trickster, and I even went into the governor control interface and changed the "hispeed_freq" to 1.5ghz, but the device still won't scale over 1.3ghz no matter what I try.

·
Professor Professorson
214 Posts
Those of you having trouble scaling past 1.3Ghz, run this experiment for me. First make sure you have the 1.5ghz powerhal (or nofreq) flashed, and then switch your governor to ondemand. Let me know how that goes.
Still won't scale past 1.3 for me. I tried switching back-and-forth between interactive and ondemand, and also rebooting with ondemand set.
Please let me know if you'd like me to grab any logs or additional information for you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts