The Launchpad kernel works on both 3G/4G and Wifi Only Xooms
***This Kernel is for 3.1 and 3.2 Xooms***
***Forked from AOSP***
With added overclock, microSD, and other features made possible from the hard work of Bigrushdog, Coolbho3000, Solarnz, Kcrudup, and Cybertronic
***1.3.0 Plays Nice With 3.1, 3.2, Tiamat 1.1, and Tiamat 2.0***
Please see below posts for Special Instructions!!!
As a reminder you must be unlocked and rooted!
There are a few different ways to do this, this is what I do-
1) Download ROM Manager (Free or Paid)
2) Download the zip from the link below
3) Move zip to your external SD card
A- Using a file explorer ( ex. Root Explorer), copy and paste the .zip file to your external sdcard (/sdcard/external)
B- Put the zip on your SD card using your PC
4) Open Rom manager
5) Press the second button (Reboot Recovery)
Xoom will boot into recovery
6) Use volume rocker to select install zip from sdcard (Press power button to confirm)
7) Use volume rocker to select choose zip from sdcard
8) Select the zip file placed on the sdcard
9) Select yes
Xoom will flash file and put you back onto recovery screen
10) Select Reboot
11) Sit back and bask in the glory
Launchpad 1.3.0 Gemini- http://bit.ly/qwkJRp
Launchpad 1.3.0 N Gemini (Stock clocks for GPU and some other core clocks (sclk, hclk, vde)- http://bit.ly/pd94WH
Flash any of these after the kernel
USB WWAN- http://www.android.net/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=99
Big thanks to TDR for all the hard work!!!
+Source can be found on Github- https://github.com/TDR/Xoom
Follow me on Twitter or Google+ @SteadyHawkin for breaking kernel news, and other Xoom goodness!!!
Link to my OP can be found here- http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/motorola-xoom-kernels/7205-kernel-launchpad-1-2-3-new-7-4-11-a.html