Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 171 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
faux123 said:
Version 007 disabled AVP, SDRAM and GPU overclocking. Only CPU overclocking was allowed. No other changes were made to them. It seemed the GB source code is the source of blame. It seemed LGE changed many things but the changes does NOT equate to fixes.... :(
Meaning what, you won't be able to produce a realible kernel at this time? Just wondering, as I will restore 2.3.5 EB 1.07 if that is the case and live without A2DP, no sense using 2.3.3 without a souped up engine under the hood.

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
V7 still giving me issues. Reinstalled reflashed weapon g2x 2.3. Thanks for your efforts faux, I'm sure you'll get it going shortly.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
hello,
just sharing my experience with .6 sv ext4 ... installed for the last 10 hours ,overclocked to 1400 ,linpack 56 and 86 ,quaderent is 3300 (OMG!!) UI is smoother no freezes or lockups so far ,GREAT JOB ..... thank you very much faux :)

·
Android Beginner
21 Posts
Just noticed that I do not get the freezing issues when its plugged in on 006 or 007. Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

·
Kernel Haxor
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Remember, (nothing personal) I will NOT accept reports of freezes or reboots on UV kernels. I will only respond to freezes and reboots from SV kernels so please keep in mind when beta testing. Use SV kernel (UV kernel was provided for those who just want to use kernel but not beta testing).

For those of you who are still experiencing freezes and lock ups, what is your baseband version? The GB OTA update came with a newer baseband, just trying to figure out the difference between why some users didn't have issues with my GB kernel starting with version 006.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
faux123 said:
Remember, (nothing personal) I will NOT accept reports of freezes or reboots on UV kernels. I will only respond to freezes and reboots from SV kernels so please keep in mind when beta testing. Use SV kernel (UV kernel was provided for those who just want to use kernel but not beta testing).

For those of you who are still experiencing freezes and lock ups, what is your baseband version? The GB OTA update came with a newer baseband, just trying to figure out the difference between why some users didn't have issues with my GB kernel starting with version 006.
Baseband M6600A-SCAUTNZ-2.0.9720T 1 (MAR 27 2011 10:00:00) MP:TRULGE_08.09.02R-MDM

Was fine for close to an hour before it started to freeze. Currently using EB1.07 rom. I always use the kernel with the SV and not UV.

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
faux123 said:

I have the baseband that came with LG Update Tool, the July 15 Baseband

·
Android Apprentice
78 Posts
I had freezing with the r2 version of 006 SV but ext4 works flawlessly!

Sent from my LG-P999 using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
faux123 said:

Im running baseband M6600A from Jun 05 2011 (from Wind in Canada) no reboots, no lockups, no other issues that I've seen so far. Using .6 SV EXT4, 3687 Quadrant score!! Very happy with that

EDIT: Woot first post!

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
008 is running beautifully.. the only question i have is before when i ran your CM7 kernal with your 1.2.8 ROM, Voodoo sound could be volume controlled via the hardware buttons.. but that doesnt seem to work anymore?

Stock 2.3.3 with Faux's 0.0.8 Kernal

41 - 60 of 171 Posts