Android OS Forum banner
121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Could someone give a little primer on how best to tune OC and UV and other available settings to get the most performance and least battery usage? Some example values would be really helpful as well just to get an idea of the ballpark things should be in.

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
bluenote said:
Could someone give a little primer on how best to tune OC and UV and other available settings to get the most performance and least battery usage? Some example values would be really helpful as well just to get an idea of the ballpark things should be in.
The predefined values faux has in the kernel work well with SetCPU as they are. Just adjust your MIN/MAX values til you find something that works well for you. I find that 816 MAX and 389 MIN is still very responsive for most everyday uses and gives a little better battery life. Use a SetCPU widget and you can quickly change the values as necessary for gaming or videos etc. Play around with it and see what works for you. Be sure to set a safe mode zip if set on boot is enabled before playing around too much.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
How are you getting to 1500 btw, I can only get to 1408. I set the max to highest, min to lowest, and then added a profile for screen off to max it at 500 or so to try and claw back some battery life.
What do you mean by safe mode zip? I do have this set to set at boot but luckily I havent had any problems. Thanks for the tips

EDIT: found the safe mode info, thanks for the pointer
EDIT2: thanks, I guess faux didn't iterate the version number just for that fix
I will redownload and apply again

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
The screen sensitivity on the bottom of the screen is really bad, whenever I pull down the notification shade it takes a lot of effort to close it. Any fixes for this faux?

·
Kernel Haxor
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
FastJoe78 said:
I have confirmed that when I flash the pre OC/UV its the same as the SV one...so no pre UV and the OC is the same 1015 389
mr mystery said:
The screen sensitivity on the bottom of the screen is really bad, whenever I pull down the notification shade it takes a lot of effort to close it. Any fixes for this faux?
Coming Soon... Keyboard and RTC fixes :D

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Ok for some reason, Sprinkle stopped working for me since 0.1.3 . It was working fine before that. It just FC's now. I tried re installing and clearing DATA, etc.

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
bloodhawk said:
Ok for some reason, Sprinkle stopped working for me since 0.1.3 . It was working fine before that. It just FC's now. I tried re installing and clearing DATA, etc.
Tried a fix permissions?

Sent from a Delorean with a flux capacitor in 1985

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
0.1.3 kernel is perfect .....no reboots no freezes ....super fast and the sensativity of the touch screen is back to normal ....all is well in the land of the g2x this device is prob one of my favorite anDroid phones Ive own along side my g1 (wich started it all) and my nexus one but def one if the best and I own almost all on tmobile over the years ......thanks faux and many devs .....

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Should I expect lesser battery life if I'm OC'd and added a screen off cpu limit? Anyone have any tips on how to make the battery last longer and stay OC'd?

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
mr mystery said:
Strange I played Sprinkle on the way home. 1.3 UV/OV to 1100 with Weapon 2.4
Ok, weird, When i have wifi on, it works. As soon as i turn it off, it starts force closing.

Earlier it used to give me a invalid license error with Wifi or Data enabled.

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
bloodhawk said:
Ok, weird, When i have wifi on, it works. As soon as i turn it off, it starts force closing.

Earlier it used to give me a invalid license error with Wifi or Data enabled.
Did you try using a titanium backup?

Sent from a Delorean with a flux capacitor in 1985

121 - 140 of 171 Posts