Android OS Forum banner
141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Faux multiple users can confirm that the long boot due to the Dalvik Cache build on every boot is only happening with the last 2 kernel versions. Regardless ur kernels are awesome but can u possibly check this out for us. Thanks

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
"flak0 said:
Faux multiple users can confirm that the long boot due to the Dalvik Cache build on every boot is only happening with the last 2 kernel versions. Regardless ur kernels are awesome but can u possibly check this out for us. Thanks
Thanks for relaying this, flak0.

·
Themer
239 Posts
Loving this kernel, I use the sv one. I was getting great battery life out of it already with -20 uv below 1ghz and 15uv above. Today I added an extra -5 hoping it wasnt too much and still stable. After 5 hours I was still at 99% granted I only touched it a few times and didn't do much, still this is un heard of for me on this phone, thanks faux and hawk and I pat myself and mmapcpro on the back for the perfect themes, this phone is killing anything I've seen or put in front of it. Buddy brought an atrix over, ran speeds data and quadrant. Blowed him out the water...

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
I just wanted to post an update on where I am at with testing battery life/performance/speed with as much time on battery as possible.

My setup has been Weapon G2x 2.4 + Faux Kernel 0.1.2 UV/OC at 1.4ghz + Juice Defender (beta version because it wasn't properly shutting off data connectivity).

I posted below, screenshots of how well they did all together with daily use. Your results would differ depending on the day and what activities you do with your phone, but this is me using it for email, Facebook, some games/apps, phone calls and some browsing. I was able to last 27+ hours before my phone shutdown just an hour ago or so.

Shots are from 15% warning, 5% warning, and 1% warning (2 pictures of this).
View attachment 1563

Attachments

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
So everything after 1100mhz is at -25 and everything before I got set to -35 and so far it's stable and smooth. Will keep it here and monitor the results over the next day or so

·
Android Apprentice
81 Posts
I have UV'd by -50 down thru 1100, Will UV'ing in the lower frequencies further help with battery life?

I am on Weapon 2.4 and have had pretty stable operation. I can live with the long boot-up times. Hoping maybe 2.5 (?) might clear it up.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
"gaww said:
I have UV'd by -50 down thru 1100, Will UV'ing in the lower frequencies further help with battery life?

I am on Weapon 2.4 and have had pretty stable operation. I can live with the long boot-up times. Hoping maybe 2.5 (?) might clear it up.
According to my own experience flashing this kernel regardless of the ROM will give you long boot times. Happened on weapon and now on EB 1.07

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
yea I'm at -50 now still working great. I'm wondering if its even working lol
Ya I'm now at -40 for everything up to 1.1 and -30 for everything over. Not a single issue thus far. I had a SOD at -40 for 1.55 yesterday. May not be a Kernel issue though. OI'll slowly move back up and see how it goes. Happy so far though.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
"mr mystery said:
Ya I'm now at -40 for everything up to 1.1 and -30 for everything over. Not a single issue thus far. I had a SOD at -40 for 1.55 yesterday. May not be a Kernel issue though. OI'll slowly move back up and see how it goes. Happy so far though.
Beware if you UV too.much u will get kernel panic and partial factory reset (where android touch to continue appears instead of homescreen)

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
Arianoob said:
It happen to me at -30...i'm at -25 across the board now and running smooth so far.
My processor is solid, no SOD's or reboots. -40 up to 1ghz, -30 for everything after.

Sent from a Delorean with a flux capacitor in 1985

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
Does the 0.1.3 gb kernel support init.d scripts included in WeaponG2x 2.6?

141 - 160 of 171 Posts