Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.1.1 (JB)

Source::
--==Nexus 7 Kernel==--
Features:
Unsecure ramdisk​
CIFS/SAMBA file sharing​
USB-OTG (the source I pulled didn't have it working.. I think the recent update added it.. but this kernel definitely does have OTG)​
NFS/FAT​
Recompiled with Linaro's GCC​
Removed some useless debugging stuff.​
Cool Catch-phrase free!​
Initd Support​
USB Printing​
USB Ethernet adapter​
Changes to USB Whitelist to allow more USB OTG Options​
Xpad Drivers (XBOX 360 Controller, PS3 Controller, ect ect...)​
Overclocked CPU to 1.6ghz used motley's code. THANKS!
Overclocked GPU to 484 also motley's code.THANKS! <---- REVERTED.. not in Version 3
OC/UV Settings are set by JellyBean compatible CPU apps. Defaults to stock...
Works with Paradigm and other ROMS requiring the split framework.jar
Added USB Audio

Planned Features:
Suggestions?​
To use USB OTG Download THIS
Thanks to RHCP for testing and helping.​
Thanks to JDKoreclipse for helping also...​
Download HERE

Donations are appreciated and used to fund upgrades to my buildbox that several developers use... (Khasmek, Adamthecashew, R2DoesInc)

Click me to Donate

·
Android Beginner
34 Posts
I cant seem to figure this out. First time doing anything with USB OTG. I'm rooted with this kernel. I cant figure out how to access anything. I see the folder but it just shows as empty. Do i need to take any extra steps? Any help would be great.

edit: got it working, I think what that guy said below me is right. lol too bad i didnt see this until after i got it working

·
Registered
3 Posts
For mounting external storage use Stick mount to mount it. Yesterday I found out I can plug a hub in and I was using a mouse, keyboard and flash drive with no problems. Just remember to plug everything in the adapter/hub before plugging it in the N7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
AOKP User
33 Posts
I've got this kernel installed, and stick mount from play play store, and I can't get my flash drive to be seen or mounted by the tablet. Yes, I'm rooted, and all that. I have the OTG adapter from Amazon Prime, a 32GB microsd card in a micro-sd adapter plugged into the OTG adapter. Nothing at all showing up or mounting through stick mount, or anywhere else for that matter.

I don't know if it might be a bad adapter, or if I need a stand-alone usb flash drive stick, as opposed to what I have described above.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got this kernel installed, and stick mount from play play store, and I can't get my flash drive to be seen or mounted by the tablet. Yes, I'm rooted, and all that. I have the OTG adapter from Amazon Prime, a 32GB microsd card in a micro-sd adapter plugged into the OTG adapter. Nothing at all showing up or mounting through stick mount, or anywhere else for that matter.

I don't know if it might be a bad adapter, or if I need a stand-alone usb flash drive stick, as opposed to what I have described above.

Not sure man.. Im still waiting on mine..

Can someone else confirm please?

:)

Thanks

PoiTEE

·
Registered
3 Posts

Did you plug the SD card into the SD card adapter and then into the OTG cable before plugging it in your N7?

·
AOKP User
33 Posts
I'm almost sure it's the adapter now, I purchased it on Amazon, and I noticed it doesn't say it's otg, and some reviewers said it didn't work on their xooms. I have another one coming, I will keep you posted.

·
Android Beginner
140 Posts
I'm almost sure it's the adapter now, I purchased it on Amazon, and I noticed it doesn't say it's otg, and some reviewers said it didn't work on their xooms. I have another one coming, I will keep you posted.

Are u looking for the drive under sdcard/usb ?

·
Android Beginner
140 Posts
Also when u plug it in does stick mount app pop up and ask if u want to mount?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can anyone suggest a good USB stick? I am not sure if it should be USB 2.0 or 3.0 and what speed I need

·
Former Themer, Current Insomniac
187 Posts
Can anyone explain what xpad is? Also, how high has the GPU been Overclocked?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What's necessary for us to take advantage of xpad? An app like Sixaxis? Or just connect straight through BT without any app?
Test for me a bit and let me know how it goes?? I don't have a PS3 Controller but my Xbox controller works.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok... I made some changes... someone find me on andirc.net #n7 and Ill give you a link to test usb audio

1 - 20 of 84 Posts