Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a kernel based on Adrynalyn's Git that was designed to be much more relaxed on the battery consumption for the default kernel. It does overclock to 1.2 GHz as well.

Simply put, this is a highly optimized and fine tuned kernel designed to take the least amount of power to operate at any given frequency. Now, we have all seen these "undervolted" kernels. Well, that's a good start but how fine tuned are they? I'm not sure as I have not seen anyone's sources. I have spent almost a good week now on tuning these voltages down to the least bit required to function properly.

Here is a comparison from the stock voltages and mine:

Battery Sipper - 1228800 MHz @ 1.050V Stock - N/A

Battery Sipper - 1036800 MHz @ 975mV Stock - N/A

Battery Sipper - 960000 MHz @ 950mV Stock - N/A

Battery Sipper - 806400 MHz @ 925mV Stock - 1.1V

Battery Sipper - 768000 MHz @ 900mV Stock - 1.1V

Battery Sipper - 576000 MHz @ 875mV Stock - N/A

Battery Sipper - 368640 MHz @ 850mV Stock - 1.05V

Battery Sipper - 245000 MHz @ 825mV Stock - 1V

As you can see, the voltages in this kernel are significantly lower. I have personally tested these voltages and can assure you that these are stable. I am not making any claims that your battery life will significantly increase or you will be able to last a day without charging. It is just common knowledge in the electronic world that less drain means more savings.

Every device is not built the same. Your phone may not boot with these settings and in some cases, funky things may happen. I have not seen this yet with any Thunderbolt tested to date. Please post any bugs you may find here.

Credits:
Adrynalyn for his source and guiding me to the right area. Much appreciated!

All the Alpha stage testers, thank you for your time and patience!

Git Hub Changelog:

https://github.com/adrynalyne/kernel_htc-mecha/commits/master

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/htc_mecha

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to post it here! Enjoy this guys!

More to come once I have free time. This will be much more updated + a new kernel for Froyo and one for Gingerbread.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
avlfive said:
AOSP ROMs or Sense?
Right now it is Sense. I will be working on AOSP and Sense based versions shortly. Getting tied up at work lately and lacking the motivation to do any work. >_<

·
Ninja Flasher
126 Posts
stolenphot0 said:
Does this need to be renamed and flashed from the bootloader?
Not sure if you got your answer, but, this is a kernel that gets flashed in clockworkmod. No need to rename. A Radio is what's needed to be renamed and flashed in the bootloader. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Sent from my Gingerbread BAMF phone.

·
Android Apprentice
192 Posts
kingofyo1 said:
how does your kernel compare to imo's lean as far as battery life on similar roms?
curious about this too. on stock rom but rooted i could easily get like 24 hours out of my extended battery and still be at 50 or 40%. now on bamf 2.0-5 i can only get about a solid 24 hours on my extended battery. been trying the lean kernals, dreamkernal... something is just sucking battery like a mofo

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agh, sorry guys. I've had one hell of a weekend. I won't go into explaining here but if you really want to know the details just hit up my twitter. @ProTekkFZS

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Agt Studly said:
believe me if i could id be using these kernels, i got 24 hours and some change on it :\ patiently waiting for an update though ;)
I'm working on it. Slowly but surely I am. Got this mess from the weekend to finish sorting out first though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts