Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Hi, tbolt and charge kernel dev here. butcher1966 asked me if i can whip up a voodoo kernel for mesmerize gingerbread, and bdemartino volunteered to test for me, so i said why not.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own a mesmerize (or any i500), which means I can't do my own testing, so be sure to back up before you flash. (and let me know if things are not working)

This is not my usual leanKernel. It's basically the stock EH09 kernel repacked (using supercurio's repack utils) with modified initramfs.

Features
  • full voodoo lagfix support and auto conversion between rfs and ext4
  • voodoo sound support (requires voodoo control plus app)
  • buffers, minfree, memory tweaks
  • init.d support (requires a good working busybox installation)

Changelog
  • v0.1.0 - initial test release
  • v0.2.1 - added smartass v2 support
  • v0.2.2 - i think some people were having issues with the smartass module. It's disabled by default now, but you can load it manually or in the ROM.

Downloads (for EH09 based ROMs only - no MTD)
CWM flashable kernel: http://minus.com/mMY9BBJtC

RECOMMENDED: my leanKernel

stock eh09 kernel zip: http://cl.ly/AJ8s

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
well im testing this with my Heinz_57 TW ROM and converting to ext4 right now....the voodoo chick was talking dirty to me so its looking good, and i will test the init.d support to make sure you have no bugs sir...ty for giving this a go cause we needed some sexy voodoo action!!!

will repost back after a good bit of testing and let you know if all is well!!!

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
after im sure everything is working right, ill update my ROM with init.d files included and all that good stuff...ext4 is active and running, ty sir for the voodoo goodness!!!

and if you dont care sir, plz pm me if you do any updating as far as new stuff i need to add to my ROM...i thank you much!!!

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SRGaudio said:
flashed.... and we have voodoo!!!

almost doubled my quadrant. This is awesome. Thanks!

so is this the hard part, and oc/uv soon to come? jw
Injecting voodoo isn't too hard, but modifying source code will require lots of time and actually having the device in my hand. And I have neither.. I'll see what I can come up with in the future.

Baked_Tator said:
after im sure everything is working right, ill update my ROM with init.d files included and all that good stuff...ext4 is active and running, ty sir for the voodoo goodness!!!

and if you dont care sir, plz pm me if you do any updating as far as new stuff i need to add to my ROM...i thank you much!!!
will do!

·
Android Lover
150 Posts
Will definitely will be flashing tomorrow. Ty sir for the work.
Oh and is there a way to get the stock kernel just in case somebody needs to flash back? I'm sure someone will ask.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1fast72 said:
Will definitely will be flashing tomorrow. Ty sir for the work.
Oh and is there a way to get the stock kernel just in case somebody needs to flash back? I'm sure someone will ask.
just put it up on OP.

·
flashaholic
220 Posts
tits man... voodoo...

anyway, the dl file is a z image; just flash this in CWM?

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
balls deep in voodoo and lovin it. Thanks for rockin our socks, imo. Will report back.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You should be able to use any recovery with ext4 support. Take everything i say with a grain of salt though, since I've never even touched a i500 phone. ;)

·
Android Beginner
76 Posts
I think I know the answer, but this OK to use on CS Showcase? I have the rooted updated stock CS rom (2.3.4) installed now. Thought I would be safe and ask the experts.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts