1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Kernel Dev
897 Posts

·
Kernel Dev
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh look, another kernel to fudge people's phones up.
This has been tested numerous hours, by numerous notable devs. This has been, by far, my hardest release to date. Please stop holding a grudge from the before days.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yea, jdk caught a lot of flak for his vapor roms and some of his early work being less than desirable. But, not everyone is perfect when they're learning. Look at half the fudgeing roms on that incredible forum now. Half assed sense 3.0 ports, crappy kitchen roms that list zipaligning at boot as a great main feature and awful theming. Honestly, I miss the days of skyraider and heyitslou. Those were real devs. If it wasn't for chad and tinys kernels and the cm7 thread, I would have abandoned that phone a long time ago.

So in short, way to go jdk. I'm excited to try this kernel. I've been craving smartass governor. And if DT is giving your kernel a nod, and so will I.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Member
229 Posts
I used to run his kernels on the thunderbolt a lot, never had a problem, and seemed to work pretty good. When flashing anything on your phone you are taking a risk.
DT is putting it in his rom as well, don't think he would put it in there if he didn't think it was good.
I will be putting it on mine soon, just put a new one on earlier going to give that a run for a while then I will check this one out.
Thanks for another option JD

·
Kernel Dev
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe so. But he has been given a second chance much like r2. He has done fine by me and my thunderbolt so he gets my respect here.
These guys say it best.

Les get this thread back on track!

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
give the kid a chance. Its he like 16 let's not scare away the youth and great stuff so far. Congratulations on the kernel.

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
Can we get a screen of the optimal voltages tested so far?

I'm not real sure what to set them all at. Should we just go 1200, 1100, 1000, etc..?

Thanks!
I'm running 800 - 1200 on Zygote now without issue...

·
Indubitably
706 Posts
I ain't mad at ya. Actually I saw your kernel pop up and got really excited. Enjoyed your work on the tbolt. Thanks for this. I look forward to it :)

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
This thing is a runner guys... I have beat the hell out of all day. Even though JD didn't tell me he had 1.0.0.5 out until after I posted.
. Hehe

Great work JD.

1 - 20 of 256 Posts