Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Developer
572 Posts
[adiv=ipsBox clear][adiv=ipsBox_container ipsPad][adiv=ipsLayout ipsLayout_withright ipsLayout_bigright clearfix][adiv=ipsLayout_content][adiv=ipsLayout_right][adiv=ipsPad ipsSideBlock]File Name: Zoom-Kernel (Thunderbolt-AOSP)
File Submitter: xoomdev
File Submitted: 02 Nov 2011
File Updated: Today, 02:32 AM
File Category: Thunderbolt
[aurl=/files/download/42-/]Download[/aurl][aurl=http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=changelog&file=42]Changelog[/aurl][aurl=/index.php?app=downloads&module=post&section=submit&do=edit_main&id=42]Edit Mod[/aurl][/adiv][/adiv][adiv=ipsLayout_content]Zoom-Kernel v1.0,1 THUNDERBOLT - AOSP (CM7, OMFGB)

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what happens to your phone as a result of flashing this kernel. I don't care if you really did think I knew what I was doing. I am not responsible for any external troubles this kernel may cause. Basically if your alarm clock doesn't go off and you are late for school, don't come to me like I owe you. Have fun...stay safe...trick or treat.

- Based on the fresh 2.6.35.10 kernel source dropped from HTC last week.
- Updated to 2.6.35.14 (latest .35 source)
- BFS v404
- Governors:
Powersave
Conservative
Performance
Interactive
Interactive X via imoseyon
On Demand
Smarta** V2 via erasmux
Lagfree
- Simple I/O scheduler
-CFQ, deadline, no-op, are still available via sysfs and/or some cpu control apps
- 184320-1516800 clock speeds
- Tweaked BFS to work better with Android
- Tiny RCU
- JHash3
- compiled with gcc-4.5.4 for size and other optimizations

All in all, 817 commits on top of HTC's source. If you would like to see for yourself, you can do so at:
https://github.com/x...gb-mr/tree/aosp

Obviously, this is a 1.0.3 release and the source was just released last week. There may be bugs (and probably will be) If you ask what is experimental....all of it really is, but I can tell you its smooth and has great performance for me so far. Battery life is the only question at this point because I have only been on it continuous without flashing tests for yesterday. But in that one day I made it through my work day which is better than I can say for stock.
If there are battery life concerns (more than usual for Tbolt) I will adjust for the next release. Thanks for trying it, hope you enjoy.

If you have immediate question directly for me you can find me on Twitter @xoomdev

Thanks: drod2169 = for helping me with all of the bfs specific configurations and tweaks
imoseyon = CPUIdle 3.1 code and InteractiveX which is included in the kernel
rootzwiki = for giving me a place to put this and creating the best Android forum in existence
HTC = better late than never...
slayher = Answers tons of random questions every day from me
r2doesinc = blames me every chance he gets[/adiv][/adiv][/adiv][/adiv][/adiv]

Attachments

·
Average Android
716 Posts
very interesting, going to give it a go, is drod out of the game??

·
Average Android
716 Posts
force closes on liquid 3.1 when trying to access the overclocking control in liquid settings. tried restart and fix permisions and still same issue.

edit: let me adds some pros though, super smooth at stock, no aosp autobright issue either. need time to judge battery

·
Developer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
theMichael said:
force closes on liquid 3.1 when trying to access the overclocking control in liquid settings. tried restart and fix permisions and still same issue.

edit: let me adds some pros though, super smooth at stock, no aosp autobright issue either. need time to judge battery
Weird ill take a look. I use setcpu and it works there but ill check it out in cmsettings.

·
Developer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
theMichael said:

Hmm works on setting clock on cmsettings too. Looks like ill have to look at liquids build and see whats going on.

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
donate link? been a while since i donated to you bro. great job on this!

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts

same problem with liquid 3.1 here. Other than that, it's running great.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
716 Posts
is this oc by default? mine boots at 1.5 ghz...doesnt bother me, love the speed and stability

·
Developer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya I didn't set it since I max out at a sane level and not 2.0Ghz or anything. I'll probably set it on the next update however. This first one was to see what was broken across the three main aosp builds. I tested all on CM7, but am on OMFGB now looking around and then will go on to Liquid

·
Android Beginner
151 Posts
Couldn't change settings on Protekks CM7.1 built 21. kept getting FC's if I tried to go to CPU settings. When I checked init.d it still had th 01vdd_Levels file that I use on Lean kernel so I deleted it and reatarted still couldn't change settings though. So I downloaded no frills overclock but when I start it nothing happens, no FC's but it just gives me a blank screen. Other than not being able to edit settings though everything seems fine no lockups or anything.

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
Couldn't change in cpu settings on slayhers CM7 either, FCs.

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
Everyone using this, go to http://rootzwiki.com/files/file/42-zoom-kernel-thunderbolt-aosp/ and follow the file. Right now i'm the only one following it. James just updated the file to 1.0.1, fixing the bug for not being able to change settings in apps, go get it!

If you follow the file, you'll get an email when the file is updated.

·
Developer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks stetsonaw. I just tried on CM7 and Liquid and everything should be working now. Sorry about that guys.

1 - 20 of 294 Posts