Android OS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!

I really like your useful script! :)

I found a very tiny issue in the menu "Check Kernel Menu".
The number to return to main menu should be 15.
15 is already working fine to return.

Code:
<br />
| 14) Check All Kernel Stats	   |<br />
====================================<br />
| 14) Return To Main Menu		  |<br />

·
Developer
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
v12.2 is up!

v12.2:
-Added aggressive minfree tweaks at boot recommended by Imoseyon
-Added aggressive UV preset to UV menu
-Updated OP screenshot

·
Android Enthusiast
56 Posts
I can not set cpu max or min.

It looks like your setup with a max cpu of 1350 and a min of 350. That is the default settings for leantweaks with the stable version of leankernel. I would suggest you go into leantweaks and at least set it for the InteractiveX governor. This has done wonders for my battery life.

The post you quoted is from the notrim version of leankernel.

·
Android Enthusiast
56 Posts
I can not set cpu max or min.

Also what ROM are you using. I would suggest to not have a CPU manager such as AnTuTu or setCPU if your going to use leantweaks. Most custom ROMS will have a built in CPU manager so that you can check your current min/max settings and voltages.... thats just my own two cents.

·
Android Enthusiast
56 Posts
If I flash a new version of LeanKernelTweaks, will I need to set everything back up?
Yes, you will need to re-enable the tweaks you would like to use when installing a new version of LeanKernelTweaks.
If I backup leantweaks settings before I flash a new version of leantweaks can I restore them after the new version has been installed.

BTW... Thanks for this, this is a a must have for leankernel. All kernels should have an app like this. Usually you would just flash a kernel , use your CPU manager app of choice and overclock and UV. This lets us squeeze every tweak from imoseyon's kernel and push it to the max. Thanks!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
If I backup leantweaks settings before I flash a new version of leantweaks can I restore them after the new version has been installed.

BTW... Thanks for this, this is a a must have for leankernel. All kernels should have an app like this. Usually you would just flash a kernel , use your CPU manager app of choice and overclock and UV. This lets us squeeze every tweak from imoseyon's kernel and push it to the max. Thanks!!
That's why you have backup/restore!!

·
Android Enthusiast
56 Posts
That's why you have backup/restore!!
Hey buddy just checking, in the OP it clearly states... "If I flash a new version of LeanKernelTweaks, will I need to set everything back up?
Yes, you will need to re-enable the tweaks you would like to use when installing a new version of LeanKernelTweaks."

maybe that should be changed to - Backup leantweak settiings first then restore.

If Imoseyon was to make a big change to his Kernel or there was a big update in leantweaks, restoring old settings could possible cause problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also what ROM are you using. I would suggest to not have a CPU manager such as AnTuTu or setCPU if your going to use leantweaks. Most custom ROMS will have a built in CPU manager so that you can check your current min/max settings and voltages.... thats just my own two cents.
Yes my rom is Apex 1.0.2 kernel imoseyon 2.6 and update leankerneltweaks 12.2 .
I im remover anturu setcpu and set on setting off rom this
But set min can not 180/230 mhz: 725v. Cpu my phone min is 350 mhz : 750v

·
Android Enthusiast
56 Posts
Yes my rom is Apex 1.0.2 kernel imoseyon 2.6 and update leankerneltweaks 12.2 .
I im remover anturu setcpu and set on setting off rom this
But set min can not 180/230 mhz: 725v. Cpu my phone min is 350 mhz : 750v
That is the min/max for the stable version of Leankernel - 350 min /1350max. If you want 180/230 min and 1650 max you have to install the notrim version of leankernel. Go back and read the OP on Leankernel - http://goo.gl/JEBgZ

Reactions: ypmv2

·
Android Enthusiast
56 Posts
no. i got insta reboot. not many phone will handle this low voltage settings.
if you want to be on the safe side use the standard preset. or this for 350 - 1350: 830, 975, 1050, 1175, 1210. this UV values always worked on my phone.
Agreed, I've been running mine at 350/1080 - testing faux kernel now. But I had Imo's kernel underclocked as well. The only difference I could tell was in the CF Bench and Quadrant scores - which mean nothing. Other than that I'm getting good battery life and the phone is snappy.

also, IMO, I stick with the UV values the kernel dev's setup. They obviously know alot more about this.

Reactions: deo_T90

·
Developer
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
v12.3:
-Highly optimized hotplugx when setting it alone with lean tweaks
(Leantweaks defaults: sampling rate=75000, up threshold=80, hotplug out sampling period=100
-Added option to change hotplug out sampling periods value in governor scaling tweaks menu
-Added check for hotplug out sampling periods value
-Updated aggressive UV values (this is really only recommended for those with hw10, hw9 is better using the normal preset which are also imo's recommended UV values for the notrim kernels)
-Also updated OP down a bit further on new UV values for preset and aggressive preset
-Maybe fixed a couple of things? Can't remember. Very solid release! Tested by Jbird. (liquid dev)
-Updated OP and moved old changelogs so the post isn't so massive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Agreed, I've been running mine at 350/1080 - testing faux kernel now. But I had Imo's kernel underclocked as well. The only difference I could tell was in the CF Bench and Quadrant scores - which mean nothing. Other than that I'm getting good battery life and the phone is snappy.

also, IMO, I stick with the UV values the kernel dev's setup. They obviously know alot more about this.
really thankssss

i am stable with this voltages (just leankernel 2.7.2) governor: interactiveX

1350===1275mV
1200===1125mV
920====975mV
700====875mV
350====725mV

·
Registered
51 Posts
v12.3:
-Highly optimized hotplugx when setting it alone with lean tweaks
(Leantweaks defaults: sampling rate=75000, up threshold=80, hotplug out sampling period=100
-Added option to change hotplug out sampling periods value in governor scaling tweaks menu
-Added check for hotplug out sampling periods value
-Updated aggressive UV values (this is really only recommended for those with hw10, hw9 is better using the normal preset which are also imo's recommended UV values for the notrim kernels)
-Also updated OP down a bit further on new UV values for preset and aggressive preset
-Maybe fixed a couple of things? Can't remember. Very solid release! Tested by Jbird. (liquid dev)
-Updated OP and moved old changelogs so the post isn't so massive.
I got hw9 and have been running your aggressive uv values for months, and always worked flawless.
I flashed 12.3 and applied again aggressive, you said updated, but i still have the same values (750,900,1000...)
Why?

·
Developer
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I've had both hw9 and hw10 and I just want to recommend the most stable for everyyyy phone. That's all, it could still work for you but that's a risk that you take when trying.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok no problem, i was just reporting my experience, it's good that you advice.
And about my values question? I don't see any change in aggressive from 12.2 to 12.3

61 - 80 of 145 Posts