Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Supporting Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its pretty Lonely in here..

Does no one else on here have an A500. its like one of the best Tablets.. I know alot of people didnt even consider it because of the "Acer" brand. but seriously. its awesome.. 9 hours of Battery life, USB Support w/ Peripheral support. HDMI, SD Slot, Micro USB, 16 gig Internal.. The display is clear and Crisp.. and its one of the few that does not require a dongle or Docking station to get your USB/HDMI support.

Reactions: NeoGauge

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
I was just looking at these today actually. Seriously considering buying one as a bday gift for myself. Sorry I cant help you with the lonliness right now but possibly in the near future since it was the one that really caught my attention :smile3:

·
Supporting Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
razorclose said:
I have one, but I surprisingly don't have much desire to root it or tinker with it. I just like having it for when I don't want to carry my laptop around.
there really isnt much reason to root it unless your wanting to make a custom rom / screenshots / Titanium. Works like a champ.. I used the HDMI out alot and the USB.. I watch alot of movies on it. And it works great where I work, I can view all my PDF's on it.. I keep a Hard Drive with movies on it so I can watch them when im bored.

·
Supporting Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3.1 has alot of built in new video support.. I Just tried playing a Blu Ray Video I Ripped. and it Played and looked awesome.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
sammyboy405 said:
So its pretty Lonely in here..

Does no one else on here have an A500. its like one of the best Tablets.. I know alot of people didnt even consider it because of the "Acer" brand. but seriously. its awesome.. 9 hours of Battery life, USB Support w/ Peripheral support. HDMI, SD Slot, Micro USB, 16 gig Internal.. The display is clear and Crisp.. and its one of the few that does not require a dongle or Docking station to get your USB/HDMI support.
Have A500 running Virtuous Galaxy 1.04 - this is how tablets should be, IMHO. And with Google + supported natively, a real 'apple killer'

·
Average Android
169 Posts
I'm getting one Friday...unless UPS sends a ninja to deliver it like they did with my Nexus One. >.< Already got a few ROMs on my sdcard ready to flash...

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
JSM9872 said:
Why yes I am. As of 2 days ago :)

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
Awesome, nice to see some more people from the other site into dev for the a500.

ive been running the xoom 3.2 rom, 3.2 is very nice, no more sleep bug either :D

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Yeah I'm very new to this bad boy. Haven't even rooted it yet but it will happen. I like to get used to it first so I know when something doesn't work its my fault not the device lol

So far it is an awesome device and I couldn't be happier with it.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Member
51 Posts
Thinking about using that $100 Staples coupon and picking one up. How is the build quality? Is Flash supported? I like that it has HDMI out, USB and micro SD ports.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

·
Nexus Member
154 Posts
Tarkus.Z said:
Thinking about using that $100 Staples coupon and picking one up. How is the build quality? Is Flash supported? I like that it has HDMI out, USB and micro SD ports.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums
I'm considering it to. Could someone explain why they chose this over transformer? This are the two I'm looking at assuming they are both at my local staples.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
I just picked mine up using the $100 discount at Staples. Can't beat the $299 price! I love it so far. You can't get the Transformer at Staples with the discount because it is available online only, otherwise I probably would have gotten it. But then again I can just get a bluetooth keyboard for this one and it'll be still way cheaper. I personally wanted a tablet, but didn't want to spend $400+ on it, but I wanted a good one while I wait for the next generation tablet with the next version of Android. Then I will be willing to spend $600+ if I have to on the one I really want. But for $300 I am very happy with this tablet and well it was one I had considered getting anyway until I saw the Transformer which I then wanted. But again for $50 more than the nook color, really you can't go wrong.

I have to say I really like what I'm seeing so far with it. And it is really nice to have a standard usb port on it. Being able to plug in a usb stick when you want will be really nice.

I've got two Acer laptops which have so far been far better than the Toshiba and HP laptops I've had in the past. So the name is good to me.

Staples really does try to upsell you hard on the extended warranty and case. I had to politely say NO several times. The Acer case from reviews I've seen sucks. There are better choices out there that are cheaper.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts