Android OS Forum banner
181 - 200 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
I tested hifimediy sabre usb dac,the sound is good but not extraordinary,the difference between the volume levels it's less than before.(my car have a stock JBL audio system with 8 sp+amp+sub,sound quality in very very good on the radio or cd,maybe that's why the sound is not amazing)
What I can do to stop the screen entering in sleep mode,from the settings can't disable this mode(i have to choose between 15 sec and 50 min).I must install Tasker to do this job?
Belkin sceen protection is ok?
Hey andy...

There's an option under Developer Settings (which is probably still hidden on your device) that allows you to keep the screen on when charging. If that option is activated, the timer will only dim the screen rather than turning it off.
Search for Developer Settings at the bottom of the Settings page. You can find it near to "USB Host" option. If it's not present scroll down to the last option "About Phone", look for "build number" and tap on it 7 times. After that you should see a msg saying that Developer Settings is enabled and you should be able to see it on the list.

As for the Sabre... well... it sure did the trick for me, but of course the audio system is fundamental to the end result and should vary. But it's definitely an improvement to the internal DAC/jack connection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for your prompt reply,I solved the problem with the display as you said above!

I have to buy same screen protection,what do you recommend?
How I can copy same files from the memory stick to the tablet,I failed in any way to access the memory stick?

L.E.
It is possible to create a profil with Tasker that change the wallpaper when i launch Apollo?(I want that my home screen to be a peugeot logo,and when I launch apollo the wallpaper automatic change to audio glow live wallpaper)
If possible,can you help me with this profil,I don't know much about Tasker

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
L.E.
It is possible to create a profil with Tasker that change the wallpaper when i launch Apollo?(I want that my home screen to be a peugeot logo,and when I launch apollo the wallpaper automatic change to audio glow live wallpaper)
If possible,can you help me with this profil,I don't know much about Tasker
I was checking and couldn't find any way to set a live wallpaper. You can set a normal one, but not a live one. Plus... you might want to pay attention to something though: live wallpapers drain lots of battery since they use lots more resources (CPU and RAM). That might not be your best option. I set my launcher (Apex) to open Audio Glow when I swipe my finger down on the home screen.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Hey guys...

Just a quick update to tell you that I finished my install on my Chevrolet Cruze. Everything seems to working flawlessly except for one thing: the crappy chinese PSU. As expected, it just doesn't charge my N7. Since Saturday morning I lost about 30% battery. It's true that our days have been hot as hell around here lately (over 40ºC), but still...! This as forced me shut it down completely for the week, since during the week my drives are fairly short and I really don't need it to be on. I might change the fuse the PSU is connected to in order to make it charge overnight.

For those of you awaiting for pics... sorry guys... it was so hot in the car by the time I finished the install that all I wanted was to get it done, and didn't even remember to take pics. I should have to unmount everything again in a month or so to take my car to 15.000km service (warranty issues) and I'm thinking I could take some pics by then. :)

Reactions: naiku

·
Registered
290 Posts
For those of you awaiting for pics... sorry guys... it was so hot in the car by the time I finished the install that all I wanted was to get it done, and didn't even remember to take pics.
I know that feeling!! I hate working in my car when it's so hot that you just get sweaty within minutes of doing anything in there. My garage is full of junk at the moment, so the car has been sitting outside, which is why I have done nothing additional to my set up.

I see a DCDC-USB in your future! LOL. Now that my connections are all good I pretty much charge my battery up to 100% on the drive to work and back Tuesday, and it stays that way all week long.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
I see a DCDC-USB in your future! LOL. Now that my connections are all good I pretty much charge my battery up to 100% on the drive to work and back Tuesday, and it stays that way all week long.
Definitely in my future... lol

I already found a Portuguese online store that actually sells the DCDC-USB for about the same price as I would pay by ordering it from eBay or Amazon. So... I should be picking it up shortly. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just curious, was the 30% lost over the weekend while the N7 was "charging" or sitting? I typically lose ~1-2% per day if I don't turn my car/N7 on.

Cables and temperature are the biggest charge rate factors, other than the PSU, in my opinion. My N7 doesn't really charge when it's above 100º F, but below that it does (and full charge rate occurs below ~90-95º F, if the battery level is low enough).

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Hey guys... sorry for the long absence. Last couple of weeks were a little complicated.

Just curious, was the 30% lost over the weekend while the N7 was "charging" or sitting? I typically lose ~1-2% per day if I don't turn my car/N7 on.

Cables and temperature are the biggest charge rate factors, other than the PSU, in my opinion. My N7 doesn't really charge when it's above 100º F, but below that it does (and full charge rate occurs below ~90-95º F, if the battery level is low enough).
Spot on mate. The days following the install were really really hot (above 110ºF), so I'm betting that's why it discharged instead of charging. A week or so the weather started to cool down and the tablet started to charge. I haven't established a charging rate yet, but I would say it's about 5%/hour which, in my opinion isn't all that bad, considering I'm using the "famous" chinese PSU that's been reported by other users as not being much trustworthy. I'll keep it for now... but will be buying the DCDC when I can.

As for the 30% loss I mentioned, it occurred while the tablet was supposed to be charging. But not exclusively. I found out that Ulysse Speedometer wouldn't let the tablet enter Deep Sleep properly, which cost me about 12% of battery. I've been using Tasker to kill this app on power-loss events... and it now sleeps like a baby. :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Just ordered the DCDC-USB. The Chinese PSU doesn't charge well enough. Only charges when the N7 is resting (doing nothing). And even so the charging rate is a joke... about 5%/hour. While playing a video on MX Player, for instance, it discharges at a 10%/hour rate.

My install definitely deserves better. lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just ordered the DCDC-USB. The Chinese PSU doesn't charge well enough. Only charges when the N7 is resting (doing nothing). And even so the charging rate is a joke... about 5%/hour. While playing a video on MX Player, for instance, it discharges at a 10%/hour rate.

My install definitely deserves better. lol
You won't regret it. Brilliant little box. Worth the effort also to use it in Automotive mode to make it as robust as possible, and to plug it into your PC and set the voltage to 5.4v, instead of 5v. At worst mine is on 99% for the first 3-4 min of my daily commute.

·
Registered
593 Posts
You won't regret it. Brilliant little box. Worth the effort also to use it in Automotive mode to make it as robust as possible, and to plug it into your PC and set the voltage to 5.4v, instead of 5v. At worst mine is on 99% for the first 3-4 min of my daily commute.
Thanks for the input. I have a few doubts though. First one has to do with that "Automotive mode". How's it supposed to work since we don't actually have an ATX connection? Second... won't charging at 5.4v heat up the battery even more?

Testing a new app to replace LMT launcher's pie menu, which I find very unfriendly on a dash environment: Floating Toucher

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just finished my install yesterday and am using one of those adapters. So far the battery has drained faster than it can charge. Not sure if my micro usb extension is the problem or if it is the adapters issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hmm.. it is a 3 amp so by specs it should power it. do you have it powering just the tablet or do you have it powering external components also? Also I haven't tried it but there is a "fast charging usb host" option under "usb host" in settings. Might be an option you need to select if you haven't already.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just tablet. Just read some of the reviews and one if the ports gives a higher output. I am going to switch it and hope it works. I'll find out on my drive home from work if it is doing it's job.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Is there a reason you aren't using an adapter like this one: http://www.amazon.co...=A1YSN8JC9J3213
Basically because I don't want to have any cables showing. When I started to plan my install my first "demand" was that it would have to look like it all came installed from factory.

Regarding the adapter... some people using the DCDC-USB (10A!!!) have reported that they get optimal results by boosting the output to 5.4v, because 5v is clearly not enough. I'm pretty sure that in the long run that adapter will not suit your needs and you will end up having to buy a reliable PSU.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Figured out my problem. It was the crappy Micro USB extension I was using. Took that out and am now charging at +14% an hour using the same cigarrete lighter adapter.

181 - 200 of 236 Posts